Food for hornworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
I bought a cup of hornworms last weekend and I still have several left, but they are running out of the food that came with them. I know I can order some food online, but I think it will be too late by the time I got it. Is there anything that I can get at a store to keep them alive? This is the first time I have ever bought them and have no clue and I'd hate for them to go to waste. They are pretty big...would it be okay to give my two yr old BD several at a time? I have only been giving them to him a couple at a time as I am trying to get some weight on him. Thanks in advance.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
I know *their* food is best, but for a few days what I did (just had this happen to me lol) I just gave them some collard greens, and some shredded carrot but mostly a big collard green leaf. They chomped it down just fine lol.

lindasgonebuggie

Juvie Member
Hi you can take the big horn worms out of there cup and put them in a brown paper bag along with some crumpled up news paper (this will double insulate them in the frig.) and then put them in the refrig. they will go dorment for up to 2 weeks.Hope that helps, Linda. :D

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! I put a few greens in there and I only have one left now. Thank you Linda for the fridge tip. I will definitely use it for the next time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom