fogger treat URI with "F10SC Veterinary Disinfectant"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubymiss

HI
Have anyone use fogger "F10SC Veterinary Disinfectant" for bearded dragon URI treatment? you pour F10 sc in humidifier and it produce fog in the container where dragon in and breath those disinfect moist for 20 min, it helpfull for bacteria infection , fungi...
My beardie has lung problem 2 months ago, Vet think she has pneumonia and gave her ceftazidime shot every 3days for 10 shot.after 6 shots , symptom doesnt solved ,so vet want to give her trachea wash (pour solution in trachea and suck out liquid through pipe , put liquid under microscope to find out what cause lung problem)it cost 600 dollar plus it doesnt sound pleasant for lizard,I ran out of money on lots of exam already. I reject vet, and want to try something else , so I see fogger treatment online , really want to try it. but I am confused about that fogger treatment produce a lot of "moist" in the air , I rmember it is not good for beardie in high humidity surrounding.somebody tried this method before on beardie can solve my confusion? is it safe for beardie? Thanks ,Ruby

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This sounds very dangerous for your dragon ?

Sounds to me like the vet sees you as a cash cow , I'm very dubious about this treatment.

Nebulising with F10 is very effective. I'd do that first , in the meantime , get a second opinion from a BONEFIDE REPTILE VET .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lung lavage (which sounds like what your vet was describing) is a good way to get a culture to test for an infection, but it's a fairly extreme procedure which is done (in my experience) with your dragon unconscious which can be risky. As mentioned, nebulization (with F10 or with another medication) can be effective, however it is still a good idea to determine if there is an infection, and if so, then what is causing the infection so it can be targeted using proper meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom