FOAMING AT MOUTH AND THRASHING! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, so MoMo is 2 months old, and we just found my 2 year old brother with him in his fist, squeezing him.

We took MoMo from him, but he started to convulse and foam at the mouth! What's happening?!

He seems to be okay now, but he keeps opening his mouth and gulping in air....

crickest

Juvie Member
Jacqui -

Can you get him to the vet for xrays? To make sure his lungs haven't collapsed or a rib has been broken?

Foaming and gasping aren't good signs. . .

Sending our love and healing energy and support . . .

Karen and Spark

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
:shock: Man...that's bad you need to get to a vet asap he could have a punctured lung! That's why I keep any younger kids out of my Herp room I can't trust them. :(

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Jacqui, just wanted to send best wishes to you and MoMo. I agree with the vet visit if at all possible.
I really hope that he is ok.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I think he's okay.... he threw up a cricket then ate it again (ew) and now he appears to be fine.... no broken ribs that I can feel, and he's breathing normally now.... My father thinks that maybe he just started to regurgitate his food from being squeezed....

I have to find some way to lock my door when I'm leaving it. Next time it could be way worse....

He's not in pain, he's light colors with a creamy belly. I think everything is okay. **WHEW!**

Thanks....

Jacqui

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Jacqui, I am so relieved to hear that he seems to be doing ok.
Just keep a close eye on him for a while (of course, I know I dont have to tell you that, but had to type it anyway!) :wink:

Hugs to you and MoMo and Gem.

crickest

Juvie Member
Whoooo . . . . good news. . . choking on regurgitated crickets will have that effect. Good thing they are tough little buggers.

Give him kisses and keep your brother out!

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HowlinGaleDragon":6e704 said:
Could you put him some place up high? Like ontop of a taller dresser? That way your brother can't reach?

I had him in a high box inside my other beardie's viv to get him some UVB from the Powersun, I have no idea how my brother reached in there.... but I will definitely put MoMo's box somewhere safe now that I know my brother is brave enough to pick him up himself. :shock:

Just glad he's okay. Apparently choking on crix is exhausting, it's naptime. :roll:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HowlinGaleDragon":60426 said:
You may need to look into a Neodesha tank that locks or a critter cage with locking top x.x

I'm only at my dad's house for a week and two days, then I'm back at my house in PA where my youngest sibling is a (highly intelligent) four year old girl. So if I can keep him safe for that long.... I'll be good.

Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom