fluorescent controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I was advised that there is a light controller you can get that is not dictated by the length of the bulb but rather by the wattage, the example they gave is in the UK. http://www.arcadia-uk.info/product.php?pid=74&mid=12&lan=en&sub=&id=4 Do I have to go through them if they ship to the US or is there a US side option? I would so love to be able to use any length bulb as long as it was the same wattage. If anyone can help I would be so grateful! Then I could use my 15 inch bulb and not feel I wasted time and money getting it.

MartianMonkey

Hatchling Member
I have that same exo terra controller and I like it. The light comes on sometime between 7am and 7:30 and goes off between 9pm and 9:30 it has settings for 10, 12, or 14 hour daytime settings. The only con to it is that you HAVE to use 2 bulbs. Which is fine for me cause I had plans of using in 2 vivs but I haven't got my other viv yet so I have a bulb on with no use for it yet.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Can I use one regular and one reptisun of the same wattage? Or do they have to be the same bulb completely?

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Using 2 different bulbs is fine as long as the wattage difference isn't more than 10%. Some people use a full spectrum fluorescent to add additional light to their vivs without adding extra heat. The full spectrum will also help bring out their colors more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom