Fluffy's Adventures Around Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have posted stories on here about Fluffy's trips to the pet stores, the hardware stores, a political rally, and Walmart. We are also talking about trips to the beach and Repticon. So, I decided that I will document our trips with photos and create a thread to share them. And we have our first picture tonight!

Fluffy's adventure at the bowling alley! Unfortunately, she was too little to do anything but sit on top of the ball. I think she was feeling left out.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMDcuanBn.jpg

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yup. She has a solid average of ZERO. But the people there were amazed because she was watching my son bowl. They kept telling me "She's actually watching him... like really paying attention. I've never seen anything like that." Yeah... she likes television too. :roll: Little couch potato.

bonnie

Hatchling Member
yeah ok....from a new beardie mom here, HOW do u get her not to run?? what age did u get her at? my boy is 10 mos, i got him a week ago today. have had him out of his tank a couple of times finally but am afraid to let him go that i'll never catch him again. tips? ideas? suggestions and all that???

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've had Fluffy since she was 3 weeks old. She is now 8 months old. She has had constant people time since the day she came home. She started proving herself trustworthy around late December (4 months). Generally she has a leash, but I discovered Saturday that she can get out of it and it's kinda pointless. I'm trying to find the right one to buy for her that she can't escape.

As for wanting to run... they get comfortable with you, you get to know them, and you figure out how trustworthy they are. For the record, the bowling alley was new to her, so she was a little unsure and very intently looking around to decide if it was a good place or not. Also, what you don't see in this picture is my hand on one side of her and my son's hand on the other side just out of sight of the camera. She wasn't going anywhere. Oh... and another tidbit... my husband's dragon doesn't go nearly as many places as she does and I would never dream of taking him in a bowling alley. He would be one giant stress mark.

bonnie

Hatchling Member
i've finally got Rocky to let me reach in and pet him with no problem. when i take him out he squiggles like crazy and beards....but at least i don't get the hissy fit and open mouth that i was getting before lol. so am making progress! when i take him out i hold him, haven't yet put him down am afraid i'll never catch him again. i know i have to, can't leave him in his tank all the time. just got to set up an area where he can't go under anything to hide. plus keep him from lucky (my dog). slowly but surely! love the pic tho, sure would love to have a beardie that was that trustworthy!

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Have patience. Treats help. Try offering him a yummy worm from your hand when you are holding him. A favorite blanket helps too. My husband's dragon cracks me up because no matter how rowdy he wants to be he settles right down and snuggles if hubby throws his fleece blankie over the top of him. When he was a baby we used to put it in the dryer for a minute first.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I love this pic! We would be thrown out of the alley around here. In fact the only place I can take mine are the pet shops. :(

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I might get thrown out too if everyone wasn't involved in so many leagues and tournaments and stuff. :wink: Just gotta figure out which rules you can bend. I find that anywhere there are kids that get excited about her, there are fewer adults willing to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom