Flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
I live on a farm and of course we have a lot of flies in the house. so i have been kind of killing them and feeding to the baby beardies i have. I know some people say to breed fruit flies, but are house flies just as good? does anyone know anyway to breed wingless friutflies or even a trap that i could use that would catch the normal flies in my house without killing them so i can feed them to the babies. they really love the flies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi, and welcome to the site!
I personally would not recommend using any wild caught insects. They may have gotten into some insecticide or poison that you do not know about, and it could make your beardie sick.
And a side note, you may already know, but I always like to mention, NEVER feed fireflies or lightning bugs to your beardie. They are pretty deadly, pretty quickly, within minutes of your beardie eating them.

dawnki

Juvie Member
I feed wild crickets and grasshoppers------I'm careful where I collect them due to pesticide contaminates----so far---no problems.

I think the flies would be alright to feed. There's got to be a live fly trap somewhere-----I'm sure you could find one online.

good luck!!

dawnki

Juvie Member
dawnki":03455 said:
I feed wild crickets and grasshoppers------I'm careful where I collect them due to pesticide contaminates----so far---no problems. Also have to be careful of parasites.

I think the flies would be alright to feed. There's got to be a live fly trap somewhere-----I'm sure you could find one online.

good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom