FL Residence

Status
Not open for further replies.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
I sent an inquire to FL agriculture department about roaches in FL. I asked when I moved down to FL if I could get a permit for my roaches (turks and dubia). They simply responded with a no and stated no permits will be issued and will probably never be issued for any roaches except Hissers. But on a good note he said that both Blaberus craniifer or Blaberus discoidalis are fine to keep because they are both native to FL. I hope this helps everyone out!

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
SShhhhh!!! :wink:

I think as long as people are responsible and don't let them loose there shouldn't be a problem, but I didn't know they were illegal either.

Its also illegal to have pit-bulls, but I wasn't about to get rid of my (big GENTLE baby) dog because other people are irresponsible (*****s) and raise them to be fighters.

patrickb

Juvie Member
I know FL has its laws and reasons, and I can't say it isn't actually a good reason. Exotic species thrive in that more tropical climate. I thought I had read someone once before that the Hissers were the only roach they would offer permits for, but never seen anything regarding being able to keep the Craniifer and Discoids. That is good news to hear at least! Still glad I never moved down there when I had the chance.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
patrickb":013a4 said:
I know FL has its laws and reasons, and I can't say it isn't actually a good reason. Exotic species thrive in that more tropical climate. I thought I had read someone once before that the Hissers were the only roach they would offer permits for, but never seen anything regarding being able to keep the Craniifer and Discoids. That is good news to hear at least! Still glad I never moved down there when I had the chance.

Craniifer and discoids are actually local to FL.

biggymack

Can you point me in the direction of where to find the specific law in Florida? I want to know how baddly i'll be breaking the Law. What would the penalties and such be if caught.

Thanks

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
For some unknown reason, I have all the links. All the research is done at the University of Florida and they are the authority on it

application http://spdn.ifas.ufl.edu/08208.pdf

guidelines http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/pi/enpp/pdf/Guideline-for-Importing-Exotic-and-Non.pdf

rules http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/pi/images/rule05B.pdf

It only states "Prohibited" and doesn't go into penalties. I'm sure if were to be enforced, they would start by taking your roaches and destroying them and maybe some kind of fine. It would have to go to a state level to be enforced, I doubt your local law enforcement would even bother. It's the silver truck with Florida law enforcement on the side of it you have to worry about.

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
craniifers and discoids are non climbing/non flying like dubias. If I lived in FL I'd just buy one of those 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom