First Ever Leather back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Hey every one! So as you may or may not know I ended up giving Virgil back because he was just, not eating. He wen about a week or maybe two with just 5 worms or so. We think he was lonely because the moment we removed him from Sakari he stopped eating. But then again they don't get lonely do they. I think he did though because now that he is being kept with some new babies he eats....So I don't know.
Anyways so Yesterday we went out and picked up a Leatherback beardie from a guy in seattle we found him on craigslist. I really want to go back and buy all of them or at least another leather back on one of their normal very light blonde ones. Addicted to the dragons I think YES. Whenever I lose one and I have lost 4 sadly. The first one was Germ he died less than 24 hours after I got him. He was very ill when we got him skinny and dehydrated but I didn't know that until after I learned about beardie more then going back and looking at pictures he was so thin and frail. Then I got Sunny we purchased him with liver failure or most likely we did according to the vet and we lost him back in oh I think May. Then I had Macklemore and he was vomiting. Scary stuff it was. He has coccidia really bad and the vet told me it was no big deal but said the cure could cause kidney damage or failure so we let him go. Every time I lost a little guy I cried my eyes out I love them all equally and some people might think I just like getting rid of them and getting a new one but this could not be further from the truth. It takes me a long time hours if not days filled with confusion and tears. Some people have told me to get rid of Sakari because he is supper aggressive hates being touched and bites me but I love the little stink and I am working with his taming. No matter how hard it is I wont give him up. The others well they has some serious medical issues that I myself could not afford because I have no job and I didn't want them to suffer. I get them the best that I can biggest cages I can fit in my tiny room the best feeders the best decor I can find the best light system. So when I got my little leather back I am very nervous because none I ever get seem to be healthy or normal. But no matter, I hope the 2 I have now live 15+ years with me. They will most likely breed one time. Just to fulfill their goal in life as a wild animal thats kept in a cage they still have the instinct to continue their line so I want to give them that just one time no more. So this is my little guy and I know this is a colorful post but I feel like it should be because it has so many parts to it past present and future so I hope you all enjoy the journey and stay positive and I hope to keep things on this forum utd about my little guys
This is Ebenezer Scrooge I just call him Ebenezer or Eb I named him that because he was being a little scrooge when I got him home he was hissing and puffing and being all sorts of mean. So Ebenezer Scrooge came to mind and as in the story he changed from a mean grumpy old man to a nice one and well my little Eb is getting more comfy in his new home and lets me pet him when I get in his cage to give him food. I hope he starts eating soon...how long do you think it will take him to start eating. He tries to eat the leaves in the cage the fake ones should I take them out?
P.S he is in shed and his colors dont come through well but he is orange on the light striped on his back on either side of his spine going down not across and he has a green tint to his scales on the light parts on his sides

freaky, I got My first leatherback yesterday too.... from craigslist....and she looks VERY similar.... but the guy was in Massachussetts. :shock:
CAM00452_zps7151118f.jpg

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think you were one of the people who gave me tips and advice about the aggression when he got so aggressive I could not touch him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom