First 4 Butterworms were given tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Gave the first four butterworms tonight right when i got home before lights went out. She got a little bit of basking before the lights went out and she snatched them from the tongs really quick.

She's in the middle of a start of a shedding cycle right now. She was using the driftwood in the enclosure to rub her face on so that she could loosen up some of the skin around her eyes.

Phoenix worms should arrive next week around Wednesday or Thursday. I also still have a container of mealworms in the fridge that i need to space in there as well.

Off work for the next couple days (car maintenence and errands still need to be done though) so hope to see an improvement in those stress lines since she's got some proper protein coming her way now.

and yes I ONLY FED FOUR as i read the other posts on the site today regarding amount of butterworms.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm going to have to keep an eye on those BSFL molts like you and sweetiepie said. If it happens in less than two weeks it may end up being a rotation of butterworms and mealworms, even though butter worms are more expensive overall.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Butterworms are a no go. She looked like she liked them initially but was probably just hungry, as she just threw them up as i was starting to try to feed her BSFL today. I actually have six in small clean ceramic food bowl with a shallower opening at one end in case she gets hungry later.

I have a feeling that they were larger than i thought they were, when they were scrunched up they looked to be the size between her eyes. I was probably wrong. I saw a couple half digested but enough to be 4-5 bodies, which is what i fed her the original night of four and the one the next morning.

Will no longer be investing in butterworms. My only hope is she starts eating the BSFL that I bought her. There are only four hundred and the bowl i have them in at this time is smooth which BSFL can't climb up. She needs a better source of protein than the mealworms.

Will probably change her water and salad later, and give her a unscheduled weekly bath this evening.. She doesn't like baths but i do try to do one once a week. I'm giving her some time to rest by herself after that.

I'm really sorry that she has to go through that. Now i'm starting to question my fitness to own a bearded dragon since I've seen that happen today.

She's six months old and not much more than an inch or two bigger than when I got her at petsmart (and she was undersized there too 6-8 when i got her and 8-10 now). She has great places to bask and hide unfortunately i've not been able to get her feeders to a point where it'd be beneficial to her as she doesn't like crickets, so far has been on only mealworms, and I already told what happened with the butter worms.

If i can't get her diet fixed I may end up giving her up as a rescue so that she can get proper care. Granted part of it may have been that I got her at Petsmart, but I can't completely blame this on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom