Finally Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
After a lot of confusion and work my DIY platforms are finally done!! Thank you to my wonderful boyfriend for doing most of the work! :roll: What do you think?
Norbert's new basking spot:

Lily's soon to be home:

I cant decide if I like the house here

or here

What do you think?

Tremic

Wow I really like this! I was hoping to do something in my viv just like it. I like the house in the back :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! It actually wasn't very hard, it's just a little time consuming.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Some of it came from the background that comes with the Exo Terra 36x18x18, and some of it I bought from Home Depot in long sheets.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's no problem! :) I think the bag of grout was around $12, the styro was about $8 for 5 sheets (and I only used 1 and a half), the liquid nails were 4-5$, and the sealant (mod podge hart coat) was around $8 a bottle and I used two bottles (but keep in mind I made 3 separate structures).

jducky18

Hatchling Member
I hate the polystyrene beads!!! I accidentally bought a similar kind when I built the platform for Hermes and it was nearly impossible to cut! I want to build another one, so I'm seriously considering getting a hot wire to make my life easier.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We didnt have much trouble cutting ours because we were using very sharp Exto-knives, but the mess! Thats another story! We laid down a tarp to work on but I'm still finding little beads in places. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom