Figment Beard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I've been wondering about Figgy for a little bit. When he pooped on me May 13, it was pretty atrocious. Hubby swore that was unusual and we were out on the road and there were enough things that had been "off" lately that I didn't stress it. I haven't seen any other poop since then until Sunday. It was nasty. Not formed and kinda chunky. Hubby said it's like that when he gets supers. :? I let it go. Today I am home sick from work. I fell asleep at 9:30 and when I woke up at 10:45 Figment was sitting on his ramp right by the door staring out at me and his beard was colored a light gray. Hmmmmm... I feel like roadkill and laid around for about 20 minutes. He didn't move and his beard didn't change. So, I dragged my butt up and called the vet. He has an appointment Friday. So... I have two questions now...

Firstly, the immediate issue... We tried to give him a hornworm and he wasn't interested. So, after I checked him over, put him on the basking spot, and called the vet, I decided to offer him a different something to eat. He gobbled down 5 superworms off my fingers and gave me death stares when I wouldn't give him more. AND his beard went almost to white!!! So, now I'm really confused. A little bit ago I looked up and he was black bearding, head bobbing, and stomping his foot at me. Really? Cuz I didn't give him more supers? I honestly don't know. Brought him out to sit with me and had no interest. He was wanting to play with Fluffy. Went all macho with her. I let him in the floor and he actually tried to go through her viv door. He's just all fired up. Seeing as I don't feel well, I put him back on his basking spot. He's back to his gray beard and mostly chilled out now. Fluffy is pacing her viv wanting out. I swear the two of them are just in wild mode today. So... my question... Do you think this discolored beard is a sign that something is wrong or he's just ultra rowdy today?

Secondly, the vet issue... No matter what ya'll say about the beard color, I think it's time to put my foot down and take him to the vet. However... the appointment is for me to drop him off at their office on Friday morning with a poop sample and they will keep him and call me. Seriously? I will meet a nurse and talk to her, but that's it. I don't get to be there for the exam. I can't "participate" and talk to the vet. It's like leaving a lamp at a repair shop or something. I am EXTREMELY concerned about this procedure. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? This just seems wrong to me. And I would love to hear opinions about it.

Oh... and Figment is now climbed down in his viv where he can see me and he just wants to black beard and head bob at ME! Help!?!? This is so new....

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok... I found a vet in the next town over who will see Figment at 5:00. So, I have this taken care of. Will post his results later.

cjsdragons

Hatchling Member
the poop smell is normal it can get very bad but whens its fresh i never worry odor should get weaker as it dries out

the beard is simply him growing up and getting his hormones up and running grey beards arent a concern hes just horny and got a look at a female he might like lol

as for the vet for what you pay you demand to be in that office for all you know they can drop him or her and claim no contest to the incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom