Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
Can anyone tell me why I can use a Spotlight for beardies and what kind of UV light thats not the coil i can find in the Hardware stores. also the following is a checklist of things that I have for my next beardie so I can take care of this one better please inform me if I need anything else.

1. Water and food bowl
2. Bathing bowl
3. Cage Carpet
4. basking Log
5. Thermometer & Humidity Gauge
6. tank with Lid

Things I will be getting this week
Lights depending on whats needed
1.Spotlight
2. UV Light

LJean

Extreme Poster
The spot lights are for heat and light, so it doesn't have to be a reptile bulb just for that. I haven't seen any good UVB lights in the hardware stores.

What size is the tank? The ReptiSUN 10 linear bulb is good for smaller tanks (under 40 gallon size) and mercury vapor bulbs can be used for larger ones. (40 gallons and up). Of course you can still use the ReptiSUN on bigger tanks too. You will need something to put the lights in, depending on which you get.

Also, calcium powder and multivitamin.

supertrisha

Juvie Member
You can use a spotlight purchased at a hardware store as a basking bulb because that particular light is just generating heat in your tank. As far as the UV light, its best to get the light fixture at a hardware store and then purchase the bulb online (lots of people recommend petmountain.com). The fixture will be cheaper at the hardware store (standard fluorescent fixture in the lighting section) and the bulb will be cheaper online ($10-15 depending on size as compared to $20-40 in stores).

To add to your list:
crix (size no larger than the space between your beardie's eyes)
veggies (check out beautifuldragons for ideas)
camera- we want to see pics of your new baby!

Congrats on your new little one!

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
havent gotten my new little one yet i am about 15 dollars away from getting him he is a little bigger than Onyx was and i was told he will turn out to be a rare orange or red or something like that which is why he is more i have been pass to see him several times at the pet store to see him just want to make sure his tank is together before i get him. as far as the UV fixture what do i ask for as far as that what is the proper name for it so people wont be looking at me like i got five heads. I wanna make sure this beardie is ok I fee in love with them and just cant stay away.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok as far as the vitamin i have reptivitamin with d3 is that good for my beardie and the tank I have I am pretty sure it is a 40 gallon I also seen some cheap things on ebay I am looking at now

LJean

Extreme Poster
If you are going for the ReptiSUN then just ask for a standard fluorescent fixture. It would be in the lighting section. You will need to know what length of bulb you are getting first. You want to get the right size of fixture.

For the basking bulb, you will need a clamp lamp.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Calypso is doing well.

I think the multivitamin you have will work. It is just suggested no D3 when using a mercury vapor bulb for uvb, but needed when you use the tube uvb's. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom