Few questions about newborns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
First off I must apologize if this has been covered in depth before, but after several searches I haven't found exactly what I am looking for. Sezja laid 25 eggs in her first clutch from an unintentional mating with her brother. All but 2 eggs died off, one was stillborn, and I have one live baby. He will be two weeks tomorrow. He is in a 20L tank, paper towel substrate, hot side is in the 100-105 range, no UVB bulb yet but it has been ordered. In the meantime I have been alternating days between him and one of my other dragons with a 10.0 Reptisun 18 in. I have been putting finely chopped greens in the tank every day and put him in a smaller tank with appropriately sized crickets every day. I have been misting three or more times a day and he has also had two baths.

Here are my questions:

How long before I really worry about him not eating? He does nothing in the tank with the crickets but either just sit and let them crawl all over him or glass dances until I get him out.

Is force feeding even an option when he is so tiny?

Are there any signs to look for that something is wrong with him?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom