Female thinks shes the male

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydraD

I have recently placed my male in with my female and she is trying to breed with him but he seems to have no interest. She is bobbing at him and rushing over to him and sometimes its just a lick on the face other times she will try and bite his face, she has also tried to jump on his back bite his neck and started to wiggle her tail as if she were a male trying to mate. I am sure of the sexes of these two dragons as they have had many vet visits.
this part of dragon keeping is very new to me, i would very much appreciate any advice as to what i should do .

Thanks Kerry

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
What you have there is an "Alpha" female, which are very aggressive and can act just like males... Now it sounds like you have a very docile male or he's just not ready to breed yet.

What are their length, weight, and age? Have they been brumated?

Alpha females actually bred very well, but only to super aggressive males...

Anthony

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Kerry,

I had a girl that would do that. When a male finally did get on her she walked around and walked him right off of her. Then I got Kane. His first year breeding he was super aggressive and really locked down on her. She tried walking and he wouldn't let her. Like Anthony said, the aggressive girls make awesome breeders, you just need to have the right male.

This year Kane is much more relaxed. I had him in with Bella last week for a couple of days. All I ever saw was him get on top of her and then give up. I hate to not know but, I should find out in a week if he did the dirty.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom