Female constantly arm waving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

Juvie Member
For some reason, this morning, Blossom decided to start arm waving at everything--Buttercup, her reflection, me, her reflection... Everything within sight of the inside of her enclosure. I didn't check the time when she first started, but it had to have been at least 15 minutes before the first "time check" at around 11:43 am, and she was still going at it at about 12 pm (has since stopped, it looks like; it's 12:10 now). .. No, wait, she just started again.

I understand beardies do these things... But the thing that gets me is this is the first time I've seen her do it, let alone do it for nearly an hour straight. One interesting observation; this behavior came on the tail end of Man Ray, my male, head-bobbing and black-bearding at his reflection like nuts. With how they're placed in the room, they can't see each other (distance, height, and a bed get in the way), so I don't think Blossom was arm-waving at him (plus, she's since moved to the opposite end of the enclosure).

She and Buttercup were also moved into a 75 gallon tank recently due to a move and some... er... complications getting their usual plywood enclosure into the house, so maybe the change from 3 wood and one plexiglass walls to 4 shiny glass ones has something to do with it? Though she's been in this enclosure for almost a week now...

So, O Beardie Gurus, can you shed some light on this behavior? Is it possible that Man Ray's manly-man-ness can be "smelled" (or something) by the girls, and that has Blossom (but not Buttercup, strangely) going nuts? Could it be that she's baffled by the enclosure change (and new reflections)? If that's the case, why is it just her and not Buttercup reacting to it, and why did she have such a delayed reaction? And why is she waving at Buttercup and I, too?

Anyway, I think that's it. Blossom has finally stopped (12:21 pm)... And now Man Ray's having another head-bobbing fit. Deluding himself into thinking he's going to get a lady if he acts mean enough... Such a typical boy! :roll: lol

J0ker

it could be the change and the reflections try getting the aquarium backings to block some of the reflection and see if that helps
she might also just want some attition and want out try holding her and she if she settles down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom