Female 1 year old after clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I bought 2 bearded dragons 1 year ago and it's been a learning experience. What do you know surprise I have a male and a female. ☺️ However 1st clutch only one made it so far. See I wasn't ready. Now I have 3 clutches. 1 from 1st 20 from second and 20 from last. I finally decided to keep them separate since this cannot be healthy for my female. It's been 1.5 weeks an she now has stress marks on her belly and at first what I thought was dirt on her head. However they are spoiled. I took her out gave her a good bath and changed her cage bedding.
My question is could the dirt looking marks on top of her head be from mating or is it time to see a vet.
91519-8389908932.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am not sure what the dark spots are on her head. How long have they been there?
Is she maintaining her weight right now?
Usually, any bite marks are going to be more on the neck, but, can also be on the head areas, too.
Those areas could be wounds that are scabbed over possibly.
I am glad to hear you separated them, as repeated egg laying will wear them down.
Are you giving extra calcium & does she have a good UVB light right now?

Tracie

Jonesbeardeddragon

Original Poster
I looked back at a picture on march 1 when they were both in the tank together she didn't have the marks on her head. this was before she laid her clutch that are not even 2 weeks yet. She is eating and looks good otherwise. Maybe she just needs time to get back since she has laid 3 months straight. I didn't mean to do that to her I didn't know they laid that often when together because they get along great. They have been caged together since a few months old.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi , yes those are mating bite marks on the back ridge of her head, very common for males to bite there and also the ridge below. Definitely keep the dragons separate, he will want to mate all through the season + that will stress her. She does look good + healthy otherwise. :) Just put some raw, unpasteurized honey [ from health food store ] on those areas . Be sure there are no loose bugs to get on her. She will be fine.

Jonesbeardeddragon

Original Poster
Thank you! I thought so.. they are separated I don't need any more babies lol... have 41 healthy eggs from first 3 clutches and that was by mistake.. 1 from first clutch only one that made it so far at 60 or so days.. should have a baby here soon.. second clutch have 20 very large healthy babies eggs still have approx 30 days and last clutch is only 3 weeks in so.. but all look healthy and have very plump eggs with veins inside.... excited momma.. me my daughter has already claimed the one that should hatch in a few days.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, she should be fine & those areas will heal up well.
I am sure she will do great by herself. How is she doing now since laying so many eggs?
I hope the first one hatches out soon then & does good.
She looks great overall though so just be sure she gets plenty of calcium right now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom