Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually feed mav around 20-25 crickets a day and then leave a salad in a dish. he usually eats all the salad. I was going to order a thousand crickets and war wondering is there anyway that i could put calc in the crickets without killing them fast? I was just going to put mav in and let him eat as many as he wants in a 10 min peroid. also is this a good idea?
Thanks again

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
A high calcium diet will lead to premature death in your crickets - you're best off just to dust them with calcium right before feeding them to your dragon. Also, its a bad idea to put your dragon in the cricket container to eat because crickets are not very clean bugs and he could easily ingest cricket poop and other waste products while hunting down the the bugs and this could make him sick. If you don't want to feed him in his own tank, you can feed him in an empty rubbermaid bin, in the bathtub (with a liner down to give him grip as he chases the bugs), or in an empty glass tank.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Just get another container, throw in a handful of crickets and put your beardie in that one. If you get a 1000 crickets, the best thing to keep them in is a 10 gal glass container. They can't climb glass and it's easier to clean. You can't believe how much 1000 crickets eat and poop in a day or two's time. As long as you feed them dry food and water crystals it stays pretty clean. Plus, you keep egg crates in there for them to hide, I don't see how your dragon would even fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom