Feeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter94

I'm really concerned on what this will cost me monthly. Iv read some places 50 Crickets a day for a juvenile and some other 12 a day. So I decided to even it out. Would 20-30 Crickets a day be good enough for a juvenile Beardie? And of course the daily greens. =)

Also will Orange Cubes keep my crickets alive for a month? Or do they need other stuff to?

I really wan't to make sure I'm giving the bearded dragon I get a good home and what he needs. I don't wan't to get one and not know what to do. Better safe then sorry.

ses2682

You have to take into consideration many small beardies do not eat their greens at first or may take many months before they will eat it daily. When I first got Leroy.. he was 5 inches long..and would not touch his greens at all. I put them in there anyway every day..but he was depending on the crickets he got as his only real source of food. It wasn't until almost a month or so later and many many crickets later that he was eating his greens everyday. If you are truly worried... what about getting an adult? Then it wouldn't be such an expense if you are concerned about how much crickets cost. Or I found buying crickets from Ghann's was really helpful to my wallet. I would buy the 1,000 crickets for only 11.99....way cheaper than spending 10 cents per cricket from Petsmart or Petco.

hunter94

Original Poster
ses2682":3ejmy9ku said:
You have to take into consideration many small beardies do not eat their greens at first or may take many months before they will eat it daily. When I first got Leroy.. he was 5 inches long..and would not touch his greens at all. I put them in there anyway every day..but he was depending on the crickets he got as his only real source of food. It wasn't until almost a month or so later and many many crickets later that he was eating his greens everyday. If you are truly worried... what about getting an adult? Then it wouldn't be such an expense if you are concerned about how much crickets cost. Or I found buying crickets from Ghann's was really helpful to my wallet. I would buy the 1,000 crickets for only 11.99....way cheaper than spending 10 cents per cricket from Petsmart or Petco.
Ghann's is very cheap. What did you feed your crickets? And how many did you feed to your Beardie a day?

ses2682

Yes Ghanns has great prices..the only thing is overnight shipping is around $8 and it is a necessity until the weather gets warmer for the crickets to travel safely. I made the mistake not paying that extra $8 and my crickets arrived mostly dead. So I would learn from my mistake and if they recommend the overnight shipping because of weather then pay that extra money and you'll get very few crickets dead when they arrive to you.
You could also consider feeding tiny dubia to your beardie.. I'm actually waiting for my first shipment to hopefully start my own colony..I was just tired of the crickets snelling and always trying to get out. I would definitely check into the threads on here about feeding dubia instead of crickets and starting your own colony.
My guy was eating basically as many as he could in a 15 minute period. Some days he is really hungry and could eat 30+ two times a day and others ie when he is going to shed he doesn't eat many crickets.

hunter94

Original Poster
ses2682":1y5m0l4w said:
Yes Ghanns has great prices..the only thing is overnight shipping is around $8 and it is a necessity until the weather gets warmer for the crickets to travel safely. I made the mistake not paying that extra $8 and my crickets arrived mostly dead. So I would learn from my mistake and if they recommend the overnight shipping because of weather then pay that extra money and you'll get very few crickets dead when they arrive to you.
You could also consider feeding tiny dubia to your beardie.. I'm actually waiting for my first shipment to hopefully start my own colony..I was just tired of the crickets snelling and always trying to get out. I would definitely check into the threads on here about feeding dubia instead of crickets and starting your own colony.
My guy was eating basically as many as he could in a 15 minute period. Some days he is really hungry and could eat 30+ two times a day and others ie when he is going to shed he doesn't eat many crickets.
Yea, dubia sounds like a good idea. What do they need to be fed? And are they pricey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom