Feeding small amounts of wet cat food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmalterna

I cannot find mention either way of feeding small amounts of wet cat food. High in protein and calcium- made of animal matter which is mentioned- chicken and pinkies. I took a small bit, maybe 1/2" round and offered it to one of mine and she gobbled it and dug through her greens looking for more!

2Door

andras

Hatchling Member
i've never heard of that either. sounds like you could do it, after all it's healthy food. i don't think i'd feed much of it however.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
I wouldn't recommend feeding cat food, it sounds obvious, but it's made for cats. I know some vets will advise feeding Hill's A/D, but I don't see why a dragon shouldn't get it's protien requirements from normal feeders like crix and supers.

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
i havent seen that mentioned anywhere, however i have seen organic baby food mentioned, obviosly not pasta or the like, but try chicken an veggies and im sure hed like it

LJean

Extreme Poster
If cat food is too rich for my dogs, I can't imagine feeding it to my dragons.
What is the protein in bugs as opposed the fish or chicken what ever is in the catfood?

And yes, I too have seen babyfood mentioned on the boards, but only for rehabbing dragons.
Your best bet is to look into the foods sources/ proteins and otherwise before you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom