Feeding problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to sprice up my beardies fruit & veg side of life because she refuses to eat it. I literally have to force the food into her mouth for her to get some, she eats crickets and live food just fine, but not fruit & Veg.
My salad for her consists of:
strawberries
blueberries
tomatoe
carrot
bok-choy
apple
celery
squash
It is all chopped up really finely into an almost mush. I try to handfeed.
And she never eats it! she is a 7 month old female. Do you have any suggestions of what else to put in the mix? and how should I try and get her to eat? I have tried not feeding her live food for a few days, and only giving her fruit, but it never works t(-.-t) :banghead:
Can you help me?
and one more thing. I heard putting colour in it attracts them to eat it. So i was wondering where I can get dandelions, do I buy them or pick them? and if I buy them how do i wash them or whatever you do to make it clean?
If you could help me I would be very grateful :3
Thankyou! Xx

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Do you have greens in your salad? Mustard, collard and turnip greens should be a good base. Wal-mart, Meijer, Krogers in my area all carry them for roughly $0.86 a bundle/pound.
May I suggest reading through this website, Beautiful Dragons' - Nutrition Chart, to find some ideas of that to add.

Dandelion greens are a wonderful source of calcium, but Collard Greens are much higher. If you pick dandelion greens, assure no pesticides or insecticides have been sprayed on the lawn. I would advise to purchase them, when in season, from the grocery.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
okay guys! thankyou!
She has UVB lights, heating, a basking rock, driftwood, water dish and newspaper as current substrate.
I feed her grees, like bok-choy and celery.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
how is bok-choy? I'm a at work so I can't get on a computer to do proper research.

Posted via DROID Razr Maxx

Cocopops248

Original Poster
what do you mean "how is bok-choy?" ??
do you mean as in, what is it? or if she eats it?

cause she won't eat it or the other stuff either :banghead:

Kajolic

Juvie Member
What is in it. Got my answer now home, totally forgot to look it up until I saw thread post in my e-mail. Vitamin A and C. That is a good substitute for Mustard Greens. Even fro Turnip, but Turnip his more of the vitamins.
I would love to hear that your little Beardie would accept Collard Greens, they're a great source of Calcium through salad, but if you can find Dandelion Greens they would be a good starting point.

They way I do my salads are a base of leaves torn up into bite sizes, but enough to require chewing. I'll hide little bits of squash, or raspberries one day. Another day just leaves. Then maybe blueberries. I keep it mixed up, never add it all at once. Could just be the taste her isn't liking, too sour, too sweet.

Lets see here... Few questions.
When do you offer the salad?
When do you offer live insect?
Are they staying misted through-out the day?
Do you add all the listed fruits at the same time?

I wouldn't focus the salad to her, could be a big connection forming with salad comes big human fingers to force feed me. Instead I would try adding some chilled superworms, medium in size. This may get her to eat some salad by accident and start getting a taste for it. Could try to play with your finger in the salad to try to catch her interest. Another tip to try, is to hand feed her a cricket, and when she if in mid-bit with her mouth open, try to slip a leaf in, or a bit of raspberry, and see if she becomes curious that was that was.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
I feed her salad every two days in the afternoon (after 3:30pm cause that is when I get home) and crickets everyday also after 3:30pm. I do feed her all those things I listed in one mixture.
I will try do that with the super worms, I also try to slip in a peice of carrot or something and when she is eating that, I try to slip some more food in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom