Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone,

From previous posts, you will see Drogon is on medicine for a parasite problem he had during brumation. He's been eating little bits of feeders, maybe some lettuce if he feels like it.

Since he was also a little overweight, is it okay for a beardie to eat every 2-3 days? I put food out every day, but that seems to be his schedule.

Also, I truly believe dubias gave him parasites and he wants nothing to do with them. Is there a way to humanely euthanize the roaches? :/

Thanks!
Selkie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Selkie1993":3tik0i1k said:
Hi Everyone,

From previous posts, you will see Drogon is on medicine for a parasite problem he had during brumation. He's been eating little bits of feeders, maybe some lettuce if he feels like it.

Since he was also a little overweight, is it okay for a beardie to eat every 2-3 days? I put food out every day, but that seems to be his schedule.

Also, I truly believe dubias gave him parasites and he wants nothing to do with them. Is there a way to humanely euthanize the roaches? :/

Thanks!
Selkie
Idk if its humane but some some boric acid on some carrot or some potato when they eat it they will die also lettuce has no nutrient value you need something more rich for your dragon to be healthy not just extra water content. My girl eats bugs every 3 days but I go off schedule sometimes as it's natural and gives her mental enrichment and keeps her on her toes lol when I have hornworms on me i give her atleast one a day but i don't always have hornworms always have salad in the dish at all times offer a range of different veggies

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yeah I guess that's what I have to do :( Feel bad for the little guys since they're actually kinda cute lol

When I meant lettuce I actually meant spring mix. Has a lot of different greens :)

Also, so you're saying you feed your dragon feeders every 3 days but greens every day? Just wanted to clarify

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Selkie, I'd offer a salad every day, but feeders for an adult only need to be 3 times a week or so. That's usually what I do for my adults.

As far as the roaches go, I assume it's cold where you live? Leave the tote outside, the cold will kill them off. Or you can just buy some roach spray and spray them, I believe that stuff is instant kill.

Although I've never tried to kill my dubias before, so let us know lol.

-Brandon

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Claudiusx":q4nlc7ag said:
Hi Selkie, I'd offer a salad every day, but feeders for an adult only need to be 3 times a week or so. That's usually what I do for my adults.

As far as the roaches go, I assume it's cold where you live? Leave the tote outside, the cold will kill them off. Or you can just buy some roach spray and spray them, I believe that stuff is instant kill.

Although I've never tried to kill my dubias before, so let us know lol.

-Brandon

Hi Brandon!!

How are you and the scale babies doing? It's great to hear from you!

Okay, since Drogon is on the mend from parasites he's had a very inconsistent feeding schedule, so I will start offering feeders Mon, wed, and Friday.

I feel bad about the roaches but he wants nothing to do with them and I sorta wonder if they gave him the parasites to begin with. It was always difficult to maintain a clean environment for them since they are constantly pooping lol but he wants nothing to do with them so gotta get rid of em.

Any daily recommendations to make a salad colorful and attractive? Can I use purple cabbage and peppers daily?

Thanks!

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Also.

I know I wasn't taking the best care of my dubias because there was a lot of poo. Do you think they caused parasites or was it the petsmart crickets I fed to him as a juvenile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom