Feeding and excreeting difficulties in 1 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodnt

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hate to admit, but we weren't giving him the baths we should have been. We have water in the viv and it goes down more quickly than evaporation would cause, so I was thinking he was drinking, but perhaps not. Looking back, I fear he got a little dehydrated. He looked good in those pics because he had a nice, long, tall drink in the bath we gave him a few days before the pics. The urates were normal thickness (little smaller than a #2 pencil) and were 1/2 to 1/3 the caliper of his stool width. His stool didn't seem harder than normal. I looked more carefully and didn't see any superworm parts in the stool.

He didn't want superworms tonight. That is a first ever, I think. He did have a little baby food butternut squash (we haven't been able to get the applesauce yet, but will still try this). Still, it was just a little bit. Not enough it should have at all filled him up. Color remains good. No disturbing behaviors. We'll keep watching and do better with our bathing.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes it happens Nathan, we all have busy lives, it can't be helped. Good that you didn't see any superworm parts, that shows he didn't have any problem digesting them.

I wouldn't worry at all about him not wanting supers tonight, he is probably just appreciating having cleaned himself out. Butternut squash is very good for them too. He sounds absolutely fine. I'm sure the prunes and everything else you did for him really helped, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom