feces encased in mucus

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
As the title says, Nemesis has been, for a few weeks now, having mucus covering her poo, like a pouch. She's had (and still has sometimes) GI tract issues, but I'm not sure if that would be related. Does anyone know what would cause this? I've been meaning to take a fecal in for her 6 month check up but she only poos in the bath! :banghead:
Suggestions?

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
My dragon recently went through the same thing when he started eating his salad, I was my usual worrywart self and brought a fecal to my vet the next day. Everything came back clear on the fecal. Yay! But what caused the mucous we are still not sure. It went away after about a week; I was also giving acidophiliz+ every other day for that entire week *just in case* :wink:

Kalyn

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, she eats veggies, that is for sure, but this has been happening for about 5-6 weeks now :study:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I wonder if she picked up an infection or something from doing 3(?) clutches all within close proximity to each other?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I am unsure of what this could be from. I know your camera is out of service but, perhaps there is another way of getting a picture? Neighbor? Family/relative? Phone? etc..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom