Fecal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swish

I plan on getting a fecal done so I called the place to ask on pricing and they said they send the fecals out. I thought I was reading that fecals need to be done really quick so its the most accurate or something. I'm assuming its going to take about 1-2 days for them to look at it. I'm not sure if that's right or not. Can anyone clarify?

Oh and another thing if it does come out positive, (which i'm sure it will because it smells horrible and looks bleh) I was thinking of getting the reptaid and i've been reading all the reviews on it and seems like a pretty wonderful product with like no negative effects. So yeah, advice?

Thank you :blob5:

Menolly

Juvie Member
Hi,
Usually fecal exam cost about 20 dollars, it just depends on where you go, but its not going to be much more then that. Again, the time it takes is generally what the do with it. My vet has it sent out so it does take a couple of days. I've had it done at another place that just did it there and it was done within a day, but with that I had trouble because I never got a coccidia count. If your beardie does have coccidia just get a count, because depending on what the count is determines whether or not it needs to be treated.

I'm not so sure about the repta-aid. I've used soy yogurt personally because he just seems to love it. You do need something to balance out the effects of the medicine. I've never used it before so many someone else could give you a better idea.
Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom