Faux Rock 2 years on

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Piranha

Hatchling Member
Update, 2 years on....

Since first making the faux rock article for BeardedDragon.org I just wanted to give an update on how it has / is standing up.

Spike has loved this faux rock from the word go. He has climbed all over it and inspected every part leaving no place unexplored even places I didn’t think he would get to. The colour and coating of grout has stood well the test of time, poop and scrabbling. Spike never really used the cave section, which was eventually removed. Though i could get my hand in it was too fiddly to clean and in retrospect would have been better as a separate piece. So with a bit of fiddling and a couple of hours to touch up I removed the front archway turning it into more of a ramp...

For my first ever attempt at faux rock I have to admit it did and still looks good 2 years on… Each year i have coated it once again in a bit of watered down PVA ( children’s version ) solution to keep up the water resistant coating.

I have seen several members taking what i had written and expanding on it to make some awesome looking homes for their dragons. This was a great learning curve for me on how to make something that looked good and was relatively cheap to build. Now I want to take what I learnt and what I have seen others do to create something new mixing ideas of what i have seen into my own styling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom