Fatigue and refusing to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The reptisun is it a T 5 or a T 8-- reason I ask is they have different heights they need to be -- the T 8 8-10 inches and the T 5 10-11 inches-- I can't answer the feeding question - you said she is bloated---- Tracie or AHBD would need to see pic and answer about feeding
Karrie

Beardiealice

Original Poster
I’m pretty sure it’s a T5. I contacted AHBD about this (still couldn’t find Tracie) but they haven’t answered yet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry to read Alice's story. She had a reeeeealy bad start to life so this can all be related to it. Her tank set up looks good but her health has been severely compromised by her previous neglect. There's no way of telling exactly what the most severe problem is or what the solution would be. It sounds like you've done a really great job caring for her though and her set up is nicely done. :) It's O.K. to give her crippled crickets and although the hornworms are expensive I think the poor thing deserves them at least once or twice a month since it's something that she enjoys. She might benefit from going outside in the sun for short periods a few times a week. Poor girl needs a good owner like you. Keep up the good work ! BTW, you might try making smoothies for her to add to the Reptaboost. Get some greens like turnp, mustard, collard + kale as well as yellow or butternut squash.

Beardiealice

Original Poster
Thank you so much for responding! I’ll make her a smoothie right away. And as soon as it warms up, I’ll take her out. Do you recommend I take her to the vet or is her body just like this now?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! As for a vet, it's a hard call because thy NEED to be very experienced with beardies to help in a situation like this, not just any old exotic's vet. If you can get her to a good experienced reptile vet that sees a lot of dragons they might help her. I'd be wary of any aggressive treatment in her condition.

Beardiealice

Original Poster
Alice is VERY bloated. She has been passing the reptaboost just fine, but she didn’t poop yesterday or today. I didn’t give her anything today since she feels like she could pop. I found her laying like this (probably to relieve some of the pressure)? And she’s also been hanging her head off of her basking rock a lot. Should I make an emergency appointment with the vet? I’m making an appointment anyway but she is my first bearded dragon so I don’t know how freaked out I should be about the bloating.
104053-7958600176.jpg
104053-8073555631.jpg

Beardiealice

Original Poster
Alice went to an emergency vet today as she was unresponsive. She is severely dehydrated and is incredibly skinny (literally no fat stores). She has very, very severe MBD so all of her joints are mush. Her left arm is the worse which is why she can’t move it very much. She is in a lot of pain. She will be receiving Carnivore Care food and pain medication once a day and will be bathed twice daily. The vets were tentative of her survival, and they say it mostly depends on her dehydration and starvation.

I hope she pulls through.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That's terrible--- IAM so sorry to hear -- I hope she pulls through this--- the UVB lighting is crucial-- I am hoping ABHD and traciedrache613 can help you thru this as well
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I am so very sorry about little Alice's horrible ordeal. :cry:
Her lighting should be good, yes. Is it mounted underneath of the screen within a 6-8 inch
distance for her?
Go easy on the syringe feeding. How much did the vet suggest you get into her? Did he
give you a liquid to use for her?
She is very critical right now & I hope she is able to pull through. Be sure to keep her warm
in her little home overnight, around 80 or so to help boost her system.
Keep us updated on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom