fat beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamakel

Hey guys, I feed my babies 2 times a day with baby Cinerea roaches for about 15 minutes each time. They look kinda pumped, they got a big belly though. What you guys think? Should I feed them once a day for about 10 minutes?

I don't know if you clearly see through photo, but they are fat.
92132-8345472803.jpg

Also, their father is fatty as well even though he doesn't eat much. Their mother eats a lot but she's still skinny.

their father:
92132-557631068.jpg

Does the fat affect them? I keep them separately, but they stay together when eating and basking in the sun light outside.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They look very well fed and it's good that they have such appetites. :) Here are some of my babies from years ago :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29865/full

It's when they near adult size that you need to be careful...too many beardies developing gout these days, probably due to high protein diets and lack of hydration.

You say the mother is thin, is she housed with the male ? If so, put him in a different tank so she is not stressed all the time from his presence and/or over-breeding. Do you have pics of her ? Be sure to feed her twice a day so she has a chance to gain her weight back + use calcium at least 3X a week.

The male is a bit on the chubby side but not bad. :) Focus on veggies more than insects for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom