falkor's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, i thought i'd go ahead and start up an ongoing thread for falkor. if you're interested in reading about his beginnings and the mini adventure i've gone through trying to right the wrongs of the pet store, check out my introduction thread here - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=131036&start=0. either way, i'm going to go ahead and repost the pictures from that thread and continue to add to them :)

the day i brought him home along with his original setup:

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

his current setup (the middle is a little dirty from calcium dust - time to clean the carpet)

IMG_4031.jpg

almost looks like it could have been take outside - well, except for that black cord ;-)

IMG_4000.jpg

"i'm sure i could reach that plateau...doesn't look that far..."

IMG_4015.jpg

i LOVE how this shot turned out:

IMG_4018.jpg

here's a funny shot i took the other night of him sleeping. he normally sleeps up on his branch, but on this particular night, he didn't quite make it before falling asleep :-D

IMG_3995.jpg

hunting crickets:

IMG_4047.jpg

hanging out on my hand while shedding his legs:

IMG_4049.jpg

another cool close-up:

IMG_4054.jpg

trying to surf the internet - sorry buddy, you just don't weigh enough to press down the keys:

IMG_4058.jpg

i just bought some slate tile tonight and i have it all ready to go in. that'll happen as soon as i get out of work tomorrow. count on some more pictures then. i'm so excited - i think it'll look really cool :-D

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thanks carrie! yeah, i'm hoping for no more snow as well. so far so good - it actually warmed up all the way to 40 today :p

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
haha, not me - still too cold for me. but i know some crazies around here did ;-)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thanks carrie. yes, we're all doing well. i have a ton of new pictures to post from the past month, just haven't found the time to upload them/put a post together. hopefully, i'll find some time in the next week.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ok, so it's definitely been a while since i've posted pictures, but i think i have a pretty good reason. i've been pretty busy getting ready for my daughter to come. jada skye was born on monday, 3-14-11, 6lbs 14oz, and 18.5 inches long (about the same length as falkor btw). she is perfectly happy and healthy and my wife and i are home adjusting to our new life as a family. here's my favorite family photo so far :)

IMG_3507.jpg

as i mentioned earlier in this thread, since i don't know falkor's actual hatch date, i decided to make it the same as jada's birthday. so that means that, as of monday, falkor is officially 1 year old! :) so, let's see - it's been about 5 weeks since i last posted an update. in that time, falkor's weight has fluctuated up and down, but the net result has been a gain of 12 grams to put her at 413 grams. she seems to be getting a little more active now that it's starting to warm up a bit outside. can't wait to be able to take her out there again! anyway, here are the last 5 weeks worth of pictures. enjoy!

weigh-in 2-13-11 - 402 grams

IMG_5236.jpg

weigh-in 2-20-11 - 396 grams

IMG_5255.jpg

weigh-in 2-27-11 - 409 grams

IMG_5268.jpg

weigh-in 3-6-11 - 404 grams

IMG_5302.jpg

weigh-in 3-13-11 - 413 grams

IMG_5319.jpg

hanging out on the back of my desk chair

IMG_5249.jpg

the next few pictures show falkor meeting a stuffed dragon and deciding to try to hitch a ride.

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

look at that belly!

IMG_5276.jpg

one day, she decided to jump off my shoulder and climb the nearby curtain. she seemed to have a lot of fun :)

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Oh WOW ! Congratulations !! I know you are both super excited to have Jada home with you and being happy and healthy! I don't have kids, but Over the past year I've been babysitting a now 14 month old little girl for 2 nights a week and it's been an amazing experience for me ! (she's walking around and starting to talk now :shock: )
I find it quite amusing that Jada and Falkor are about the same length :) Must be a good sign :wink: I'm sure some people would think you were a bit crazy for pointing that out, but that seems totally normal to me and something that would pop into my mind :laughing6:
Again Congrats and I'm glad Falkor has continued to do well and is still growing a little bit :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thanks carrie! we are beyond excited - though very sleepy at the same time. she definitely doesn't let us get much sleep ;-) that's awesome that you've been babysitting. are you planning to have kids some day?

yeah, i think a lot of people would look at me weird if i mentioned the length thing. that's why this is the only place that i've mentioned it - i figured people on here would understand :)

fez09

Extreme Poster
OMG!!!!!! CONGRATS ON BABY JADA!!!!!
I can't believe it's been so long since I've seen your thread!! I've been busy with baby stuff too and I've fallen behind! Cherish every sleepless night because I promise you'll miss this age sooner than you'd imagine!

apaprikao

Hatchling Member
Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! She has a ton of hair!! :)

I'm a mom to a 4 year old and I'm expecting another baby in two weeks! So, I'm sure my time on BD.org will diminish after then as well.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
fez09":rpva2qb0 said:
OMG!!!!!! CONGRATS ON BABY JADA!!!!!
I can't believe it's been so long since I've seen your thread!! I've been busy with baby stuff too and I've fallen behind! Cherish every sleepless night because I promise you'll miss this age sooner than you'd imagine!
awww, thanks katrina! right now, it's difficult to imagine that we'll ever cherish these sleepness nights, but i'm sure it's true :)

apaprikao":rpva2qb0 said:
Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! She has a ton of hair!! :)

I'm a mom to a 4 year old and I'm expecting another baby in two weeks! So, I'm sure my time on BD.org will diminish after then as well.
thanks! good luck with the new baby! :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sorry for not updating in a while. in addition to the new baby, we've been in the process of moving. not a whole lot of extra time ;-) falkor's still doing great. i've still been keeping up on the weekly weigh-ins and hopefully, i'll post some pictures soon :)

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Yall have been busy ! But I hope that overall things are going well :) glad Falcor is doing good and thanks for the quick update!! Hopefully the moving part is over and you're down to just settling in :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
just another post to let everyone know things are still going well. falkor's healthy and happy as ever. we're still not totally settled in at the new place so i haven't had time to load pictures and such. hopefully soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom