falkor's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, i thought i'd go ahead and start up an ongoing thread for falkor. if you're interested in reading about his beginnings and the mini adventure i've gone through trying to right the wrongs of the pet store, check out my introduction thread here - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=131036&start=0. either way, i'm going to go ahead and repost the pictures from that thread and continue to add to them :)

the day i brought him home along with his original setup:

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

his current setup (the middle is a little dirty from calcium dust - time to clean the carpet)

IMG_4031.jpg

almost looks like it could have been take outside - well, except for that black cord ;-)

IMG_4000.jpg

"i'm sure i could reach that plateau...doesn't look that far..."

IMG_4015.jpg

i LOVE how this shot turned out:

IMG_4018.jpg

here's a funny shot i took the other night of him sleeping. he normally sleeps up on his branch, but on this particular night, he didn't quite make it before falling asleep :-D

IMG_3995.jpg

hunting crickets:

IMG_4047.jpg

hanging out on my hand while shedding his legs:

IMG_4049.jpg

another cool close-up:

IMG_4054.jpg

trying to surf the internet - sorry buddy, you just don't weigh enough to press down the keys:

IMG_4058.jpg

i just bought some slate tile tonight and i have it all ready to go in. that'll happen as soon as i get out of work tomorrow. count on some more pictures then. i'm so excited - i think it'll look really cool :-D

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
fez09":xpat7xew said:
I smell a new thread...W.H.U. Winter Haters Unite!!! I seriously gain about 10-15 pounds every winter like a big old sleepy bear! It makes me sick :bleick: Honestly, I would brumate if I could!
oh man! if only we could just sleep the whole winter away. that would be awesome! :-D

fez09":xpat7xew said:
Is Falcor awake today?
falkor still hasn't totally zonked out yet. she's still eating almost everyday (though not much at each feeding). she spends most of her days on her hammock (which is a bit away from the heat) going in and out of sleep. i do still see her bask for a few hours everyday - especially right after she's eaten. she did the cutest thing yesterday but i didn't get a picture :-( i was wearing a hoodie and i put her on my chest. she crawled up to my shoulder and buried her head under the hood and then put one of her hands on top of the hood to totally enclose herself. she stayed like that for about half an hour before she came out to hang out. i figured she just wanted a quick nap :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
falkor is still doing well. she only skipped one day of food once this week, so that's pretty cool. as of sunday, she had gained 10 grams and was up to 367 grams. so she's still growing, yay! :) i might have mentioned this before but she seems to have become quite sadistic. she just loves biting the heads off of her roaches. most of the time, she'll follow by eating the rest of the roach; but sometimes, she'll just leave headless, writhing roach bodies for me to clean up, lol.

on to the pictures!

weekly weigh-in:

IMG_5075.jpg

a couple of sleeping pictures. i've seen her hang out during the day like this, but i haven't seen her sleep with her legs dangling like that. so cute :)

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

this is quite the interesting pose i found her in. she just loves showing off that belly!

IMG_5078.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
NCSUCarrie":3rw310n6 said:
That belly pic looks SUPER COMFY :) :lol:
Glad she's still growing for you :) Thanks for the update !
haha, you're right - she does look super comfy. however, i can't say that i would want to be hanging out like that ;-)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Atrax":19lv9koc said:
Haha, look at that position, LoL Must be awesome to be a beardie. :mrgreen:
haha, so true!

Atrax":19lv9koc said:
Weight in pic is soo cool. I love how she's holding the edge. :D LoL adorable
thanks! :-D

fez09

Extreme Poster
OMG! I love the 2nd pic (dangling) That's adorable! My beardies don't get to dangle because they have big rock basking platforms...I think we're missing out!

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
fez09":39g2cdbx said:
OMG! I love the 2nd pic (dangling) That's adorable! My beardies don't get to dangle because they have big rock basking platforms...I think we're missing out!
you could always put a hammock (or something else of a similar height) close to their basking platforms but separated by enough space so they can dangle :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
puppytoes72":221iruow said:
She is just too cute with her legs dangling in one picture,and her belly dangling in another! :lol:
i know! i just love all of her dangles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom