Faecal Tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I've seen a lot about Faecal tests on here about Bearded Dragons. Never heard of this when researching, is this something that needs to be done?? What exactly do you do? There is a really good vet about 40 mins drive from me, there is a guy who knows pretty much everything about every animal. When my rabbit's leg was removed they were so good. So would I go to a vet's like there and would they do it? Any tips on what to do? I'm in South England so is there any place around there which is good for this? How often do you have if done? Mojo is 7 months old and had her for 3 months, should it have already been done?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Fecal checks are routine parasite screenings. Many people only do them when there is a problem, others get them annually at vet checkups. Dorm reefers don't screen or deform their dragons under a certain age or weight so unless your having issues its not a big deal you havnt done it.

Most exotics vets will run them and I think there are a few mail in labs in the UK. If you have a microscope you can get slides and solvent and do them yourself for common things like coccidia and pinworms. If you go to a vet just save the most recent poo in a bag with a damp paper towel so it doesn't dry out and take it in with you. Some places will allow you to drop off the sample without an appointment (or after your appointment).

I do mine myself, every few months (supplies are pretty cheep) or if I suspect something is up.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply :)
Oh ok, that's interesting that you can do it yourself, it's worth me looking into that. Mojo does seem to be well, eating loads, pooing normally, always relaxed and likes being handled etc...
I'll see about doing it sometime next year and then see what to do after that first one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom