F10SC Fogger Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy08

Hey guys,

I recently aquired a bearded dragon from a home that didn't have adequate lighting for her over the winter. The room she was in was kept nice and warm, but I highly doubt her basking spot was anywhere near what it needed to be.

After observing her, I'm concerned she may be showing signs of early onset respiratory infection. She's gurgling occasionally, keeping her head up (though she seems to have slept with her head laying down last night), and puffing out her sides/beard occasionally when breathing.

I've read of using a make shift nebulizer to help with early onset R.I.s, and it has been a success for people with snakes. I haven't seen anything where it's used on dragons though, but I've read that it's been used on multiple lizard species with good results.

For those that aren't aware of it, this is what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/sU_mMLPApNU

Has anyone used this with beardeds, or similar lizards? If so, what were your results?

I also plan on getting some Reptaid, as I've read great results with it as far as treating R.I.s.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Personally I would take the lizard to a vet to get an exam before starting on any home brew remedies. It's possible your vet would also be open to alternative therapies and would be able to help keep to safe. If it is an infection you may have better success kicking it before it establishes rather than mucking about with home remedies. There are many 'remedies' online that are useless or even dangerous. I had a simialar discussion regarding my snake with RI symptoms and my vet did not recommend F10 (other vets may be open to it) but there are actual antibiotics than can be nebulized. His problem turned out to not even be a RI so it's possible I could have done some damage mucking about with disinfectants and home remedies for a problem he didn't have.

Kazzy08

Original Poster
Taterbug":1sr8r6jc said:
Personally I would take the lizard to a vet to get an exam before starting on any home brew remedies. It's possible your vet would also be open to alternative therapies and would be able to help keep to safe. If it is an infection you may have better success kicking it before it establishes rather than mucking about with home remedies. There are many 'remedies' online that are useless or even dangerous. I had a simialar discussion regarding my snake with RI symptoms and my vet did not recommend F10 (other vets may be open to it) but there are actual antibiotics than can be nebulized. His problem turned out to not even be a RI so it's possible I could have done some damage mucking about with disinfectants and home remedies for a problem he didn't have.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that, once I am paid again, I'll be making an appointment. From what I've read, this at home treatment has worked to treat early onset, as WELL as helping with the symptoms until an exam from a vet can be set up. Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The nebulizer treatments are extremely effective so I highly recommend starting those but with saline solution, Baytril, or Ceftz, etc. I have not personally used the F10 solution, but there have been some on here that have used it for nebulizer treatments.
Be sure to keep him at around 80 overnight in the tank to help boost his immune system, too.
I hope he is feeling better soon.

Tracie

Kazzy08

Original Poster
Drache613":1xm78iln said:
Hello,

The nebulizer treatments are extremely effective so I highly recommend starting those but with saline solution, Baytril, or Ceftz, etc. I have not personally used the F10 solution, but there have been some on here that have used it for nebulizer treatments.
Be sure to keep him at around 80 overnight in the tank to help boost his immune system, too.
I hope he is feeling better soon.

Tracie

Thank you! I may try to saline solution as well. I've got a heat pad in with her at night to keep her warm once lights are out :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, definitely try out the saline solution, too that should help out. I hope she is feeling better soon.
Keep us posted on her. :D
The heating pad will be nice for her also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom