eye problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatman33601

My wife bought her beardy (Zane) roughly 3 months ago. 1 week after getting him his left eye became infected and the inner eye lid swelled and pushed his eye back. we took him to the vet and the gave antibiotics to put in his eye. the infection is now gone how ever the eye lid is still swollen over his eye and now on top of that he scratches his eye to the point of bleeding. I can't find any information on the cause of this. we did everything right for his shedding and made sure there's nothing (that we can see) in there. any suggestions as to what I can do to keep him from scratching his eye out for the next week till I can get him to the vet? any help would be much appreciated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....here's what I did when my dragon had a serious scratch that he kept re-opening by scratching + shaking his head. I put raw honey [ unpasteurized from a health food store ] , put a dab of that on his eye after diluting with 2 parts water. Warm the water a tiny bit before diluting [ but don't make it hot ] then add the honey, this thins it out. Then put a bandaid over the eye ....just fix it so he can still open his mouth but yet it covers his eye. Check it every 2-3 days....the honey works as an antimicrobial and the bandaid will keep him from scratching it. If he is a large dragon you might need a strip of gauze and medical tape instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom