Eye Problems?? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
How can I tell if Spot is having eye issues? She occasionally closes her left eye. Sometimes it will be her right, but mostly the left. And I am realizing it more lately. I could be realizing it more because I'm looking for an issue. My MVB IS a Powersun, but it was purchased 6 months ago so I thought I was in the safe window. The eye itself looks fine, just it shut often. If I turn off the Powersun for a while and see a difference is that my clue? Or should I go ahead and just purchase another bulb and hope that was the problem? Or could there be no problem at all?

I am lowering her hammock tomorrow. She loves her hammock and loves even more to stand up in the corner while on the hammock. I'm wondering if this is half the problem because then she is closer to the light... it all has so many variables!

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
I'd think it is the Powersun. i personally, would order a Reptisun 10.0 of of petmountain.com and just get a household bulb for basking.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I like using MVB's because my cage is larger and it's easier for me to get the bulb the correct distance from Spot's basking spot. I personally find the fluorescent tubes harder to fit.

I have turned off the MVB for now. I am trying to cut down on some of the variables. Also hoping to get a fecal test done this week. ALSO I have some Reptaid on the way. Pray hard for my beardie. I don't like thinking and/or knowing she might be sick.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
How far is the highest spot on the hammock from the Powersun?

Powersuns have mixed reviews. Some people like them, but I have heard of beardies sustaining eye problems from them.

I'm with you; MVBs are so much easier and cheaper (in the longterm) than fluorescents. The MegaRay or T-Rex MVBs are both great bulbs. Can't go wrong with either. If I were you, I'd switch to one of those, just to avoid any risks.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I'm looking at some sites right now and checking out when the next reptile show is. For now, I'm leaving her MVB off and taking her outside with me when the weather works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom