eye mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

caiteli

I am sitting for a bearded dragon for one month. When he came to me, he had a small black-grey mass on his eye. This mass has increased. The family is in Europe and they infrequently check emails. The beardie is about 2 years old. He is alert and continues to eat and enjoys affection. I am very concerned as I am unable to reach the family. Any information would be helpful. I have looked on the internet for common eye disorders, but I haven't seen masses. Thank you so much.

caiteli

Original Poster
As mentioned, we tried to attach them to this email, but were unable to do so. If there is a way, then I would be happy to do so. Did you receive the pictures that way that we sent them?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi.
The easiest way to post pics is to load them to photobucket.com (the acct is free)
once you get the pic in photobucket, it will assign them an img code. Copy that img code from photobucket, and paste it in your post here

caiteli

Original Poster
heres the code
cedric003.jpg

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
oh my, poor little guy. I have never seen anything like that before at all.
Hopefully someone will come on that may have some ideas.
Do you have a reptile vet near you?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I wish I could give you some advice, but I really have no idea. I figured I would at least bump the post up in hopes someone else may see it.
How long has the beardie been with you, and what size was the eye mass when you got him? How much longer till its owners come back?
Can you describe how it feels?

I figured maybe if you post the above info, it may help someone joining in the post to be able to help.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
OMG, You need to take him to the vet ASAP!!!!!!!!!! I don't think there is anything you can do to correct that!!!! It almost looks like it may have been a deer tick!! DAM I say to the VET ASAP!!! Good luck and let us no how it goes......

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Lance, I had the same thought about a tick too, but I didnt know if that was possible or not.

caiteli

Original Poster
Cedric has been with us for 10 days. He came with the mass, but as I said, it is growing and I am growing more concerned. The family is in France travelling in the Alps! When they gave us Cedric, they said that they were aware of the mass, but they would look into it when they returned (which is not until August 2nd)! So, we are going to take him to a reptile vet on Saturday am. I don't think the family wanted us to, so we are in an uncomfortable position.

caiteli

Original Poster
The mass moves. It is above 3/4 inch by 1/2 inch, I guess. It is hard, but it does move. Well, I was interested in your opinions. I needed some validation as this is not my pet. It would be different, obviously if it was mine. It does not look like a deer tick up close. It is coming from his skin. I will let you all know. Again, thanks so much for everyone. This sucks!

Rachella

Juvie Member
Holy crap! When you said mass you meant a -mass- huh? I was very startled when I saw that image.

I don't know what it is either, but I'd definitely think it was either a tick or some sort of infected bite wound maybe? Do you know if the family keeps crickets in his tank all the time? They can bite the dragons and those bites can end up getting infected. Again I have no idea if this is what it could be but I think there may be a possibility of it.

Maybe some sort of abscess or tumor?

I'd definitely say a vet call is in order regardless of what the family thinks. Tell them it was a life or death emergency and that it had grown to unusual proportions. Is he still eating well? How much is he eating? Is he well-hydrated? What's his activity like?

caiteli

Original Poster
Well, it is difficult for me to say, since I am not a bearded dragon expert by any means. As I said, we are pet sitting. We don't have experience with bearded dragons. He is eating every other day. He eats approximately 10 mealworms every other day, some greens, and crickets (1-2) every other day. He also eats Fluker's Juvenile formula every other day. This is what the family told us to feed him. Re: his activity level. I am not sure what to compare him to. We let him out daily and he hangs out on the carpet or we hold him. He really doesn't run around much. Hope that answers your questions. It IS possible that a cricket Could have bitten him before he came to us. Well, I hope to get our answer Saturday am. Again, thanks to everyone.

We have a gecko lizard. So, the beardie is a bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom