Eye "lump" - Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
I know - this is a bearded dragon forum, but I was hoping someone could lend a hand :)

I've got a leopard gecko that had a Vitamin deficiency. He was cleared of that, and I switched him over to ReptiVite (orange label, by ZooMed). He had crusty eyes. I was given Vitamin A/D/E to treat this, as well as an ointment to use in his eyes. He was great for awhile, then now, approx 3 or so months later, he has a clear mass on his one eye, and lost his appetite again. I'm curious if he is having a relapse of the problem - but I don't have any of the liquid vitamins left over. I'm not sure if I can purchase a similar mixture as well, or make my own.

The mass is clear, and only on part of his one eye. He still has a lot of weight on him, which is good.

The vet is an option, but honestly, I don't want to fork over even more money, as the vet price is ridiculous (I visit Dr.Stahl at SEAVs).

Anyone have any thought on this, or somewhere I can purchase a liquid vitamin safe for reptiles? I had a female gecko with the same crusty eyes and she is now clean of it as well. I'm hoping the Reptivite does better, as it has beta carotene in it (which Herpvite does not). Dr.Stahl recommended the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom