eye discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Help!! My son (he's 16) just called me and told me that our new dragon(she 2 1/2) has a milky discharge from her eye...I will take her to the vet but my car is in the shop today so I probably can't take her until tomorrow. She is not showing any other symptoms..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of substrate are you using, sand, tiles, carpet?
What are the temps in the tank, & what do you use to measure the temps? A stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, here's the story (I went home to check on her) There was no discharge but her eyes were sunken in her head and she was not moving much at all. Then all of a sudden she threw up all over the place. I gave her some water by suringe(sp?) and she perked up a little. Well it was to late to go to the vet so we kept an eye on her all night. She woke up this morning and look good. She is back to moving around and being herself.. She is new to us (only have had her 2 weeks today) She is 2 1/2 years old but real small compared to my others. I was feeding some king mealworms to my other dragons and she came over and just started to eat them like candy. That is what she threw up was a bunch of undigested mealworms.. They don't get them all the time but it is kind of like a treat for them -- the other 2 like them alot.
So do I still need to take her into the vet or do you think she just shouldn't get the mealworms...
Oh, the substrate is carpet and they have a tube UVB light - can't remember the name (I am at work, no computer at home)but I bought the a brand that was listed here.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm I have only heard bad things about meal worms. I know a great treat for beardies is wax worms. They are high in fat and should only be fed as a treat but I everyone i know says their beardies go gaga over them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom