Exo Terra Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaell

Ok this is just a warning to all Tha Exo-Terra iteams have alot and i mea ALOT of flaws Examples

I baught

small plug in waterfall it runs water so theirs a constant moveing source the idea is god becase the beardie loves it but > (Issues - Was brocken / Was Tamperd with / Crickets get in and die / Hard to clean / Need to clean more because of crickets/

Termite hill Also a good idea stores crickets well in the tank and they cant get out tell feeding the beardie has also learnd they come out and gose to it alot but > (Issus > the two sepereate parts bing lid and top suck they got throth cracks and got out to annoy my beardie

Both these issues i had to personaly fix because Exo Terra refused to compinsate for this with my improvements they are a good product but otherwise are junk so this is warning to becareful you may have these issues

Frito

Hatchling Member
in my opinion the few exo-terra products i have (mostly lights and fixtures given to me) are very poor quality and i avoid anything they make and spend the extra cash and buy zoo med and flukers products

Zilla products have been half way decent in my experience with a few of them, i really like their cheap probe thermometers

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
In my experience most reptile products are crap. With the exception of a uv light, vitamins and supplements, then there's not a single thing you need that is labeled "for reptiles" Every single one you could find elsewhere or make for a lot less and get better quality.

You don't need a "reptile" rock, or a "reptile" log, "reptile" substrate, "reptile" fixtures and basking bulbs" They're not anything special. They're not any different then the normal counterparts, sometimes they're worse. In many cases the products are known to be dangerous. The ONLY difference is that fancy box that gives them permission to charge you more money. I only buy from those companies if I have no choice. If they don't care enough to take products out of their line that have been known to be unsafe for DECADES, then why should I trust them with anything else?

brandice

I agree Exo Terra makes some of the worst quality stuff out there. Most of the gimmicky type reptile things don't work half as well as they say they do. They say they solve some sort of problem but rarely do they ever. In the end, simple is better. I would suggest shopping at Petsmart if you are in the states. They have a great "No hassle" return policy.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I agree. There are 2 reptile products that my beardie LOVES though (other than UVB)- His hammock, and his hide. Thats about it LOL. Other wise, I make my own decor or find it at hardware stores for cheaper.
Sometimes I buy drift wood from pet stores though. There isnt a good place around here to find bark-less drift wood thats tick enough for my beardie to lay on, but if Im on vacation or something I can usually find some. :D

dEEjHaY

Hatchling Member
Power bar with digital timer with " Reptile " label = $80
Power bar from home depot with digital timer = $5

Most reptile items are nothing but overpriced regular items with " Zoo-Med " or " Zilla " names on them - Making consumers think they are better for your reptile because it was " made " by a reptile company. As stated above with the exception of UV / Supplements and stuff other reptile stuff is pointless.

Frito

Hatchling Member
oh yeah definitely, lighting equipment and cords cables timers etc. hardware store is the way to go easily.

Azaell

Original Poster
i fixed what i baught they work well ad i actualy might get a hammok when hes bigger also petsmart is in canada to

brandice

If you've got a petsmart you can basically buy the item, test it out and return it if you don't like it. So long as you have your receipt and the original packaging (try not to tear it all up when you open) you're golden :) I've returned many a stupid reptile accessory that was a great idea at the time but didn't really work well.

Azaell

Original Poster
well both of what i baught i fixed myself a little glue here and tadaa :D works even better then it was sapose to i payed for it i wanted it he likes it why return it if i can fx it xD

Besides hes terrirtoril now if i take out stuff he gets sooo pissed off he hates when i clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom