Exo Terra Owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
I know a 40 gallon breeder is the minimum tank size recommended. Does anyone here own the 36"x18"x18" Tank.. this is the equivalent to a 40 breeder is it not? If so and a 40 gallon is okay for an adult does anyone have any pictures of their adults in a Exo Terra? Im slightly concerned with the top of the enclosure and how to setup my lighting.

so if anyone has any pictures that would be great! Due to space restraints I can't have a larger tank.

Thanks.

I searched the picture thread and google and couldn't come up with anything ????

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
I have my 15-inch 6-month-old female in the 36x18x18 ExoTerra. She's being upgraded to a 4x2x2 as soon as it arrives, it was ordered 2 weeks ago. I'd really try to go larger if you can. My girl is only 150 grams and I can't picture an adult 3-4x her size being happy in a tank this size. I can get a picture if you like, but she's far from being an adult.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
I ordered my 4x2x2 from CustomCages.com. I was also considering other manufacturers like Critter Condoz but, in the end, I wanted a melamine viv with viewing windows on the sides as well as the front.

izzbo

I had the Exo Terra 36 x 18 x 18 and I found it was just too small when my beardie got older. I bought a custom cage that is 48l x 24w x 18h from Custom Wood Reptile Cage Company. It is great quality and about $150 cheaper than CustomCages.com. They also sell bases for the cage that you can store all your supplies in. I went for that option also.

Here is the picture of the cage I bought (not my exact cage but it looks just like it). I can post pics of mine for anyone who's interested.

48x18x18_01.jpg

I got all that for about $600. Here is their eBay page:

http://stores.ebay.com/custom-wood-reptile-cage-company

And here is their web page:

http://www.customwoodreptilecages.com/

The is so much customization you can do. You can choose any stain color, plexi-glass, real glass, screened, or no-windowed sides, brass or silver hardware, etc ... The bottom of the cages is Formica so it can be easily cleaned.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
I'd love to see pictures of your cage, izzbo! I considered that company as well, but the doors are drop-down and I wanted sliding ones. They do make awesome cages though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom