Exo Terra Large/Wide Terrarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNyan

So I was going to use birthday money to get 40 gallon breeder the 1$ a gallon sale at a petstore on Black Friday, but my mom was looking through ads, she has had me look at a Exo Terra terrarium and the Dimensions are 90 x 45 x 45 cm / 36” x 18” x 18” (WxDxH) is that big enough?

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
The 36x18x18 measures a little bigger than a normal 40gal breeder, plus it has front opening doors, which are great! (I also have one, so I'm a fan lol)
Unfortunatly, it wont be on sale under the dollar-a-gallon sale because it doesn't count as a regular tank. :(

Edit: at least it's never on sale under the Petco sale, but I don't know which store you're speaking of.

iNyan

Original Poster
It's a deal at Petsmart for 90$.. Looks like I take The tank off my little checklist :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Really? Is the sale now or just on black friday? I need a new one for a new baby I'm getting and I was planning on spending $160, so if I can get it for $90 that be fantastic!

asoto88

I just got this Exo Terra tank on Black Friday. It was the last one in stock, so good thing i was the first one there.

I also have a question about this tank....

I was planning on buying this hood for my tank but i noticed a problem

http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-hoods/11442-517291-522673/zoo-med-reptisun-terrarium-hood.html

But the screen of the terrarium looks like this - http://www.exo-terra.com/download/high_res/products/images/PT2611_Natural_Terrarium.jpg

So my problem is, is there any way i can fit the 30" hood and maybe notch the plastic across the top of the screen?

HELP please! :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
It actually best not to get a hood. The screen filters out the UVB, causing your dragon not to absorb enough. You want to mount the UVB inside the tank so that your dragon can be 6-8 inches from it, especially when basking. I use an under the counter fixture from Walmart ($9) and hang it in the tank using a combination of a clothes hanger and zip ties (not the prettiest thing in the world, but it works and is cheap!! :) )

asoto88

I was thinking the same thing. i read the DIY on tank lighting and using the walmart fixture to mount inside the tank, i just figured if i got a basking spot close enough to the lights, and with a 30" hood, it would give enough coverage of the whole tank....

hmmm

bmar29

I'm looking to get this tank as well. But now it looks like I can't get it for under $250. I'm not too excited about spending that amount of money. Does anybody know a comparable tank for cheaper? I'm particularly interested in the opening doors in the front of the tank

bmar29

asoto88":1rbd1biy said:
Big apple sells it for 250, but normal retail is 180

IUs that only in stores? I can't find it online for that price. I don't have a petco or petsmart near me

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
bmar29":2ggpuz4u said:
I'm looking to get this tank as well. But now it looks like I can't get it for under $250. I'm not too excited about spending that amount of money. Does anybody know a comparable tank for cheaper? I'm particularly interested in the opening doors in the front of the tank

http://www.glasscages.com

I just bought a 48x18x17 (a foot longer than the 36x18x18 tanks), sliding front doors, tank for $177 (plus another $35 for the metal screen top-lid) for my first beardie.

I use the 36x18x18 tanks for my corns and I love em (we have a shop here that sells them for $75-80 at the local reptile shows), but from everything I've read a beardie wants more room than that.

marksizzle

I bought this cage on Black Friday and I am currently using a 30" UVB hood and bulb. So it isn't a good idea to set this hood on the top of the cage? Does it really filter out light? Why would they do that? Also can I keep my heat lamps on top of the cage?

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
marksizzle":1btjmhtm said:
I bought this cage on Black Friday and I am currently using a 30" UVB hood and bulb. So it isn't a good idea to set this hood on the top of the cage? Does it really filter out light? Why would they do that? Also can I keep my heat lamps on top of the cage?

The screen on top of the cage filters some of the UVB out, so it really is best to just mount a fixture on the inside of your tank. You can get a cheap under-cabinet fixture like they mentioned above, and you can hold it up using almost anything; I've read of people using those command sticky strips, industrial velcro, coat hangers, etc...And YES you can set the heat lamps on top of your cage as long as the screen top is metal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom