Exo Terra Forest Moss for BPs/corns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTerrell

Hatchling Member
Anyone know if there ANY problems with using Exo Terra Forest Moss with Ball Pythons or corn snakes??
I was using aspen but they started having bad sheds so I wanted to use something to increase the humidity in there 29 gallon tanks. I will cover one side of the lids also to help the humidity it is at about 45% with the aspen now and I know that is to low. :?: :?: :)

Eventide

Hatchling Member
I'm pretty sure I use that in my BP humid hides. It comes in the compressed brick, right?

Seems to work fine with me. It keeps the humidity up when they're in a shedding cycle, and as long as you don't over do it with the water, the stuff seems to be very resistant to mold.

I don't know about putting it all over the tank, though.... I guess it should be fine as long as it's not completely wet all the time.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
We have ball pythons and they are on newspaper and have huge water bowls kept in their cages, they also have a good size hide box.

DSCF6353.jpg

Top Cage
DSCF6349.jpg

Bottom Cage
DSCF6350.jpg

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Moss would help to bump the humidity. Using coconut fiber or cypress mulch would also work.

I've been trying out "Eco Earth", a type of coconut fiber, and I found that the humidity went way too high and I couldn't get it down. I had slightly better success mixing 75% repti-bark with 25% Eco Earth.

I find that 45% is fine for most days, but once they go into shed (darkening, the eyes turning blue, etc), you'll want to bump it up to at least 75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom