Status
Not open for further replies.

kankri

ChiefsDaddy":1g2pouvx said:
kankri":1g2pouvx said:
ChiefsDaddy":1g2pouvx said:
kankri":1g2pouvx said:
claims to be the creator of the citrus morph
Actually, Terri IS the creator of the Citrus bloodline. People like to throw the citrus name onto any dragon that is yellow (sometimes, oranges and even reds), but that is incorrect. A citrus can ONLY come from Fire & Ice bloodlines.
Do you have proof on this? Not trying to jump on you or anything, just wanting more info. Or is it kind of like you're saying, there were already yellow dragons, but Terri suddenly decided "yeah I'm gonna call this citrus" and therefore she's the creator of the "morph"? What would you say distinguishes a "citrus" from any old yellow dragon?

I agree with the rest.
Anyone can call their dragons whatever they want, and back then, it was more acceptable. These days, you kind of look more like a fool. I saw a "line" of dragons last year called Rainbow Skittles. These names are just ridiculous, in my opinion. A yellow dragon should be called what it is - A yellow dragon.
Then we're pretty much in agreement. So, as far as I'm concerned, she didn't create the citrus "morph", which, yes, I know it's not actually a morph. That's why there's those quote marks around it. She just decided to up and call a yellow dragon "citrus", which means she didn't originate anything except a marketing term. Same for sandfire dragons.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Exactly!

To her credit though, back then the "yellow" dragons were more of a golden brown. Breeders were still trying to breed color into their dragons. So in a way, she was one of the pioneers of the yellow dragon. But I do agree with you.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I had a small group of highlighter yellow dragons that I bred back at least 13 - 14 years ago, [ they didn't sell as well at the shows as the reds did because they took longer to color up ] and there were other breeders that had them before F + I existed. I would attribute some of the most spectacular yellows in the world to her collection though, but I had seen bright yellows before then and owned several.Teri was the one that came up with the idea of a pedigree with the parent dragon, the hatch date, etc., but she did get her yellows from other breeders. The high end yellows in this country came from Sandfire, some from Dragon's Den. Whether people believe it or not, most of the high color dragons in this country can be traced back to Bob Mailloux of Sandfire Dragon Ranch. Pete Weiss brought color in as well....these names may not be familiar to newer breeders but they are the real pioneers. At the shows back in the 90's, that was where most of the breeders got their colorful dragons, and I still have the Vivarium magazine featuring the bearded dragon special issue highlighting various color " morphs " [ the term in the article ] from 1996 [ volume 7, No.6 ] that listed the types of dragons in the trade then. There were no trans, no leathers [ if they were being bred then, they were still in the stage where they did not do well enough to be sold to the public ] and the sandfires were the hot dragons, bright reds + oranges that were distinct from the grey or tan " normals " at that time. German giants were mentioned as well , Pete Weiss being the one responsible for their popularity , as well as Kevin Dunne [ originator of one of the newest morphs today named after him the " Dunner " ]. Bearded dragon types, colors, morphs + descriptive terms will always confuse some people, but it's interesting to see the many changes that have taken place with breeding in the past 15 or so years.

Jas86

Congrats Oriheme on ordering your beardie!

I just received my beardie (Hugo) from Fire and Ice last week and he's doing great, very healthy, right when I got him he was eating like a champ and never have had any problems with him, all in all I'm very pleased with Fire and Ice, and Terri is a great person regardless what other people have posted in the past (and yes I've read them all before I ordered my beardie). But regardless still decided to order one from her and I don't regret it at all, so don't worry about anything and be excited, I know I was too! I actually have a citrus ordered out of I think the same clutch as yours, I can't wait! Hugo is my first beardie and I had tons of questions and concerns, every time I called Terri she was awesome and would drop everything to talk with me and help me, even when UPS lost Hugo when he was being shipped Terri was really helpful explaining everything to me, and steps she would take if the worse happened, but he arrived the next day (didn't look happy but I wouldn't either haha) fine!

So once again Congrats and post a picture when you get your beardie! =)

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jas86":1ayj4td9 said:
Congrats Oriheme on ordering your beardie!

I just received my beardie (Hugo) from Fire and Ice last week and he's doing great, very healthy, right when I got him he was eating like a champ and never have had any problems with him, all in all I'm very pleased with Fire and Ice, and Terri is a great person regardless what other people have posted in the past (and yes I've read them all before I ordered my beardie). But regardless still decided to order one from her and I don't regret it at all, so don't worry about anything and be excited, I know I was too! I actually have a citrus ordered out of I think the same clutch as yours, I can't wait! Hugo is my first beardie and I had tons of questions and concerns, every time I called Terri she was awesome and would drop everything to talk with me and help me, even when UPS lost Hugo when he was being shipped Terri was really helpful explaining everything to me, and steps she would take if the worse happened, but he arrived the next day (didn't look happy but I wouldn't either haha) fine!

So once again Congrats and post a picture when you get your beardie! =)

Oh too awesome! I cant wait for my baby to be ready to ship!! My friend has a red dragon they ordered from her and didnt have any problems with anything, they actually suggested Fire and Ice dragons. I just send Terri an email of what I wanted and she put 1 of the babies aside for me from the next clutch that was hatching the soonest, that was a friday and I think i paid on monday. Every time I messaged her it was almost immediate response back. So I am going to keep my hopes up that nothing bad will happen from ordering from her(And I have a friend who's a herp vet in stand by if something does happen). We've been talking through email for a couple weeks now and sometimes its not just about bearded dragons~ some of our convos have been about twilight and what its like here in Forks. I will def be posting pictures when I get the baby! I am always posting pics of Boba Fett my sons dragon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom