Excitement!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Super excited! Yesterday I paid for a juvenile 100% Citrus Bearded Dragon from Fire and Ice dragons!! They are not due to hatch til the 29th but I am excited! :lol: :D :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

They are located right in my town! Middle of nowhere. LOL. Beautiful dragons! I cannot wait to get one from them. I have to wait a few months though but that is my number one choice! Enjoy!

I was just looking at their site and they have some beautiful dragons! I feel your excitement on getting on of those beauties! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one. :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just want to mention....please be careful about paying for something that isn't even hatched yet. That could open up some problems. If you or they had an emergency, would you get your money back ?

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hmmm I never thought of it that way.. I dont know, I know there is guarantee for sale delivery. I truly dont care about the money as long as I get a healthy baby!

kankri

How much did you pay? Fire and Ice is pretty well known for overcharging and doing scummy tactics (she digitally alters the pictures of their beardies, claims to be the creator of the citrus morph, won't send you a picture of the baby, sells ALL their beardies as "holdback"/"breeder-quality").

They also have a good health guarantee... in theory. She's all sweet and sugar until you try to get her to honor it... then she'll ignore and scream at you. Literally. Her health sheet is also crap!

If possible, I'd do a chargeback and get out...

Proof:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399417
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52895
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188871

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well crap now I am not so excited. Shes always been really sweet with us, and a friend of mine has ordered from her and had absolutely NO problem with them. I only paid 150$ for this baby.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry your excitement was shot down. They only wanted to ensure that you get what you paid for and not be disappointed in the end.
$150 is no pocket change.

If you could get something in writing (email) that you will get a full refund if an unforeseen circumstance arose, or if there weren't any babies that you liked, then you would have nothing to worry about.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I went through them because I had a friend who got a dragon from them and was really pleased and Marvo is healthy and happy full grown adult!

I will email her right now and see what she can do, if anything. I will learn from this experience if anything bad happens and move on. I am just hopeful for a healthy baby! thats the 1 thing i care about right now

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope you get a healthy baby too.

Did you ever hear back from your e mail?

-Brandon

kankri

Fire and Ice does have more than a few happy customers though. I just wouldn't do business with someone like that.

Good luck.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
kankri":2uv7f2ks said:
claims to be the creator of the citrus morph

Actually, Terri IS the creator of the Citrus bloodline. People like to throw the citrus name onto any dragon that is yellow (sometimes, oranges and even reds), but that is incorrect. A citrus can ONLY come from Fire & Ice bloodlines.

That being said, I do agree with everything else said here, and I certainly would not give them my business, especially buying a dragon before it even hatches.

I should also point out that names and color descriptions (Citrus, Sandfire, Snow/Ice, etc.) are not morphs. These are simply bloodlines and color descriptions created by breeders. Citrus and Ice are specific bloodlines created by Fire & Ice. Sandfires were created by Sandfire Dragon Ranch. And these only describe the color variation and where they came from.

The word Morph is short for Polymorphism, and describes a trait with two or more clearly different phenotypes (visual mutations), that are determined by the genotype (the alleles or gene that it carries). Traits like Hypo, Trans, and Silkback are examples of morphs. A good rule of thumb (for recessive and co-dominant morphs, not dominant like Dunners) is to think of whether or not something can be heterozygous (het) for the trait. You can be het for hypo, or het for trans, so those are morphs. You cannot be het for citrus or het for sandfire, so those are not morphs.

This is important to know, because if you plan on buying from a breeder, and they do not understand this basic principle of genetics, and are calling color variations morphs, you should not give them your business, and look elsewhere for a better breeder.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Otto, I'm going to copy and save half of your post for future uses lol. I try to explain the difference between morphs and colors so often but you do it much more eloquently.

-Brandon

kankri

ChiefsDaddy":3rs6obxl said:
kankri":3rs6obxl said:
Actually, Terri IS the creator of the Citrus bloodline. People like to throw the citrus name onto any dragon that is yellow (sometimes, oranges and even reds), but that is incorrect. A citrus can ONLY come from Fire & Ice bloodlines.
Do you have proof on this? Not trying to jump on you or anything, just wanting more info. Or is it kind of like you're saying, there were already yellow dragons, but Terri suddenly decided "yeah I'm gonna call this citrus" and therefore she's the creator of the "morph"? What would you say distinguishes a "citrus" from any old yellow dragon?

I agree with the rest.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
kankri":gbn78xoa said:
ChiefsDaddy":gbn78xoa said:
kankri":gbn78xoa said:
Do you have proof on this? Not trying to jump on you or anything, just wanting more info. Or is it kind of like you're saying, there were already yellow dragons, but Terri suddenly decided "yeah I'm gonna call this citrus" and therefore she's the creator of the "morph"? What would you say distinguishes a "citrus" from any old yellow dragon?

I agree with the rest.
You can chose to believe it, or not. I'm not here to convince you. But she was indeed the one who coined the term. Nobody called their yellows citrus before she did.

Essentially, yes, there were yellow dragons before, although not very many at all back then, especially in the US, and Terri one day decided to call hers Citrus to differentiate her yellows from the rest. It is really all just a marketing ploy, and names like citrus don't really mean anything, because at the end of the day, it is not a polymorphism. There is no real difference between any yellow dragon and a citrus, except that a citrus comes from Fire & Ice's Citrus bloodline. Terri somehow felt that hers were special, and so she gave them a name. And that is all citrus is - a name she gave to her bloodline.

If you want to learn more about what Terri believes makes a citrus different, you can read her page on the citrus "color morph" (which I put in quotes because it is not a true morph)
http://www.fireandicedragons.com/order.cfm

Anyone can call their dragons whatever they want, and back then, it was more acceptable. These days, you kind of look more like a fool. I saw a "line" of dragons last year called Rainbow Skittles. These names are just ridiculous, in my opinion. A yellow dragon should be called what it is - A yellow dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom