Excavator Clay? Any personal reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
I was gonna build a small hide outta the stuff but havent gotten around to it. i see it more as a fun thing to do with my son so thats the plan. already bought it just havent gotten around to it. I have separate areas in Fred's tank, a small section with sand, which also is his basking spot, a section just with slate tile as flooring and then the clay would have been for another side which would be a mini hide, cool side, that also supports the log and some fake plants which are for looks and exercise.

GlassesTho

Original Poster
ruben0311":yzoti9ou said:
I was gonna build a small hide outta the stuff but havent gotten around to it. i see it more as a fun thing to do with my son so thats the plan. already bought it just havent gotten around to it. I have separate areas in Fred's tank, a small section with sand, which also is his basking spot, a section just with slate tile as flooring and then the clay would have been for another side which would be a mini hide, cool side, that also supports the log and some fake plants which are for looks and exercise.

Oh that sounds like so much fun! I'm sure your son will like that ^_^

...Maybe I'll get a small bag and try it out in a separate container before I do anything major with it. I can always post pictures, and let Skywalker play around with the stuff to see if he likes it.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
So i made a fake corner out of plexiglass to have a way of molding it without having to do it in the tank itself, i have no secondary enclosure to put Fred in as it dries. The idea was to use plastic wrap as a barrier between the clay and the corner walls so i can make a removable section that has the sides and corners already molded, for cleaning and ease of use. Not sure if it'll work like planned but once i try it out i'll post some pics.

GlassesTho

Original Poster
ruben0311":27tpjcjt said:
So i made a fake corner out of plexiglass to have a way of molding it without having to do it in the tank itself, i have no secondary enclosure to put Fred in as it dries. The idea was to use plastic wrap as a barrier between the clay and the corner walls so i can make a removable section that has the sides and corners already molded, for cleaning and ease of use. Not sure if it'll work like planned but once i try it out i'll post some pics.

awesome! I can't wait to see how your idea turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom