Everything you ever wanted to know about "t5" and "Ho"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scm133

Juvie Member
Hi Todd,

With an Arcadia 12% D3 T5 installed with the reflector....should we still be using Calcium with D3 ?? I have read several posts on here, that states that the D3 is not needed. I am presently using D3. Just need clarification.
Thanks,
Sally

Venutus1

Original Poster
scm133":3al94cj4 said:
Hi Todd,

With an Arcadia 12% D3 T5 installed with the reflector....should we still be using Calcium with D3 ?? I have read several posts on here, that states that the D3 is not needed. I am presently using D3. Just need clarification.
Thanks,
Sally

You should be fine and I would just use regular calcium.
There is a chance IF YOU USE TOO MUCH, they could get too much D3.
:)

Todd

Narwhal72

Hi Andy,

I am sure you noticed that the website Todd has linked a few times is for the ACTUAL MAKER of this awesome lighting product. Having read through this topic since it started I couldn't help but notice perhaps a mild irritation with the lack of technical information/specs available for answers to your questions. As Todd wasn't in on the design process; his information is limited in some aspects by what Arcadia provides. It is the same information that anyone who desires to find it could.

Now; seeing as how no one here is able to answer your questions with the exact technical information you seek; perhaps it may be in your best interest to help alleviate your frustration with the limited information available, to simply e-mail your questions to the people that made it. Sure it may take a bit to get your answers, but I bet you will. You just need to ask the right people who have that information. Oh, btw I got the e-mail address for you Just title it "Support"

[email protected]

-Vicki

p.s.
Just a side note Andy, if you go back and read the 1st post that started this thread, it specifically states that this is "general information"

Yes Vicki, It is "General Information" provided by a vendor of the lamps who is promoting them for sale. If the information being presented is incomplete and can cause a danger to the animal it needs to be challenged.

The UV Index pictures posted a few posts back by Eli22 show UV index values at 12" that are very high. It proves my point that these lamps need to be treated differently than the T8 lamps we are used to. They need to be used through a screen or in taller vivs (24"+) so as not to cause excessive UVB exposure and harm to the animals.

Andy

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad to see this post with information I may need in the future. This post is just to make sure I can find it again. I may have questions in the future but none now.

BossLady3

What is the optimal UVB exposure reading that a bearded dragon should have? the picture displaying the readings doesnt tell me much if i dont know what number range the bearded dragon should have in the first place.

Im still not sure how high I should be setting my 3ft T5 Arcadia 12% with reflector. I have it 19 inches from the basking spot as of right now.

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
Has anyone seen a 36" dual-bulb T5 fixture with reflectors? The only ones I can find are for fish tanks and the tops are curved. I need one with a flat top so I can mount it in my viv...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom