Everyone meet my new Baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have found my new baby!
I found a reptile and fish place in a town near me.
I made sure I scoped the place out before purchasing this lil guy. I went back a few days a week to check the cleanliness and health of my beardie and to me they have passed. They do the incubating of the eggs there and get the eggs from a breeder near by. They don't house more then 2 dragons in an area at a time. In my opinion they are way better then petSmart :)
I paid for my beardie but have been having a hard time getting his basking spot to the right temperature. the light I have right now has it at 114 degrees which is too high. So I have him being held at the store until I can get that temperature down. Also I am going to San Diego for the weekend and do not want to leave him alone right after getting him.
I go there every day to hold him and cuddle him lol. Im sure the store is sick of me by now and its only been a day haha. He still does not have a name, I don't even know if HE is a HE yet haha. But if he is I have a couple names picked out.

20140225_104410_zpsd3e7657a.jpg
[/url]/img]
This is yesterday when I paid for him. He was a little stressed out here. But was to be expected.

IMG_20140226_132337_zps963ab44c.jpg
[/url]/img]
Here are pictures from today when I went to visit him! clearly he doesn't kiss on the first date. but at least today while holding him his stress spots were not nearly as dark as they were the day before.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
he/she is very cute! I do know our girls prefer flat. Both of them are to big to fit on my hand so Squirt holds onto my fingers with her front claws. Rosie prefers my shoulder (as does squirt but she's small for a beardie at about 13 and 1/4 inches long (as of yesterday am).

NachoBeardie

Original Poster
Thank you! I love him! I can't wait to pick him up Sunday! I finally got his tank perfect. I'm in San Diego so I couldn't leave him at my house alone so won't be getting him until I get back. But once I do I am going to cuddle him forever! Lol

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I understand that. Lots of people on here have suggested letting them settle in before you spend time holding them. I've never been able to do that but I've never had a beardie that doesn't like to sit on us. Our newest, Lil Squirt, has a favorite spot, our shoulder. Unless, that is, one of us is to hot and it's time for her to sleep, this is usually at about 3:30 pm or so. Rosie is the same way if we are to hot and she wants to sleep, so we put the in our bed and cover them with 'their t-shirt' to cut out the lights so they can sleep. Winter is good for that because we usually wear a couple of layers (we keep the house colder to save electricity $) and then we put them in between one of our layers.

NachoBeardie

Original Poster
Sounds adorable. I live in California so I Ann fortunate to not have winters anymore lol(originally from north Dakota) but I can't wait to figure out what his little quirks are. He seems like a cuddle when I go to visit him. I'm going to put one of my t-shirts in his Viv right away so he can get used to my scent.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That's a good idea. I did that with Rosie when we first got her. It seemed to help when we put her in her tank the first time and put a tshirt with my scent on it and we went riding our quads for that one day and by the time we got home she rushed down off of the log we had for her then. She's been fine with attention from us ever since. We've had her for a bit over 5 years now.

BTW: our winters aren't really bad, either. Our idea of freezing is 40f above.

NachoBeardie

Original Poster
Here are some pictures! Finally have him home with me! I don't know how to get pictures on here without it being a link you have to click on. so until I figure that out sorry guys.

20140302_170222_zpsf617f34a.jpg
[/url][/img]

20140302_201528_zps6b1fdaae.jpg
[/url][/img]
Sooo Tiny!

20140302_181406_zps400ddd5e.jpg
[/url][/img]
Hes so cute and looks so proud up there!

20140302_173349_zps2c8a7bf7.jpg
[/url][/img]
Gaping :D

20140302_173343_zps08131967.jpg
[/url][/img]
i freaking love him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom