Environment Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toyguy

Juvie Member
I am strongly interested in getting a Beardie but in doing my research I've begun to wonder if my environment isn't suitable. I live in Vermont, where it is quite humid for half the year during the summer. My place runs about 50%, give or take a few points, all summer long. Is this going to be too high for the beardie? I have tried a dehumidifier in the past for other reasons, but never very successfully. In the winter, it will be much better.

Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Inside the tank with all the lights and heat lamp, the humidity should still be low enough even if its 50 in your house.

-Brandon

brandice

Because of the heating and special lighting the humidity is lower in your viv than in the house. I live in Washington where our humidity is usually 50%+ and have never had an issue with humidity. So long as your dragon isn't getting sick you should be fine

Toyguy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Excellent news! Thanks for the replies. I'll be ordering my live feeders when I return from a business trip this Friday, and will likely order the beardie over the weekend or Monday for a mid-week delivery next week. The ReptiSun is due to be on my doorstep Tuesday, and I already have the other lighting and an Accurite. I will try and find and sanitize some decorations this weekend, or buy some if I absolutely have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom