Enclosure

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don’t have one yet I’m looking to adopt one or possibly a baby soon
Well the recommended for an adult is 120 gallon but a 3 month can go into a 120 gallon- but you want something smaller for anything younger- like a 40 gallon- I had blaze in a 20 gallon long at 2 months moved him into a 120 at 3- it's easier to care for them in a smaller tank when very young and they grow really fast

Mattie1023

Original Poster
PetSmart has the starter kit enclosure but they have sand in which Ik is bad for them what do you recommend instead of sand if I don’t find enclosure somewhere else imma just get the starter kit

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Make sure those kits don't come with a coil uvb light! You need a tube style uvb light for a bearded dragon!
Sand is not bad on its own but a lot more difficult to handle and everything needs to be on point to make sure they do not ingest to much of it.
For a baby you could use tile, papertowels or something similar like shelf liner (non adhesive).
In the US most peoples use tile from what I've seen, but in Europe almost every dragon is housed on sand or a mix of sand and clay.

Mattie1023

Original Poster
Make sure those kits don't come with a coil uvb light! You need a tube style uvb light for a bearded dragon!
Sand is not bad on its own but a lot more difficult to handle and everything needs to be on point to make sure they do not ingest to much of it.
For a baby you could use tile, papertowels or something similar like shelf liner (non adhesive).
In the US most peoples use tile from what I've seen, but in Europe almost every dragon is housed on sand or a mix of sand and clay.
I’ve seen some people use substrate is that ok to use too? I’m gonna link a picture below of what I’ve seen

Attachments

• IMG_8322.jpg
    IMG_8322.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 42

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Two things come to my mind with raptile carped. Can you clean poop out of it thorough and does it pose any risk to your dragon like tangling up their claws, emitting odors or something.
IMO that looks fine from just looking at the pic.
My boy has been on Sand/Clay his whole life and he digs in it from time to time. Just be ready for your carped to get scraped sooner or later ;)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’ve seen some people use substrate is that ok to use too? I’m gonna link a picture below of what I’ve seen
That looks ok but I would suggest something w/ no groves in it - the poop will get stuck in it and it will be a pain to clean w/ out taking it out of the tank to be washed -- carpet will snag nails and its expensive to replace --- I would try and find some textured NON adhesive shelf liner that has NO groves in it -- clean w/ vinegar/water 50/50 wipe down w/ a wet dish cloth / rag

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom