enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc2015

Here is Jrocs enclosure
-55 gallon tank.
-I have a 150 UVB exo terra CFL and a 50 UVB exo terra CFL in the compact top. (disregard what anyone says, i haven't had a single issue with CFL. my beardie is happy and healthy and I've had him for almost a year)
-1 75 watt halogen basking bulb on left hand side
-1 75 watt intense basking spot bulb on right hand side
-DIY sand matt
212yelv.jpg
Is it ok that i have 2 basking spots on either side of cage, the lower part of the tank is between 78-81F all day? and middle of tank is around 75.

all comments and questions are appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is the DIY sand mat working out for you? I read about that in another thread and it caught my interest. Do you have trouble cleaning/sanitizing it?

jroc2015

Original Poster
CooperDragon":31563w46 said:
How is the DIY sand mat working out for you? I read about that in another thread and it caught my interest. Do you have trouble cleaning/sanitizing it?

I really like it, It keeps his nails short and he sometimes will rub against it when he is in shed. Also for cleaning I get hot water and vinegar let it soak on the "poopy" spots that have been spot cleaned, scrub them with a toothbrush. and for the rest i just wash with hot water and a little tiny tiny bit of bleach. let it dry and put it back in the tank.

WisePrey

I would think as long as the temperature gradient is good from the sides to the middle having to basking spots would be just fine. Although maybe your beardie thinks he's on another planet now with 2 suns lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom