enclosure switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce82

Juvie Member
I'm about to build gizmo his new enclosure. it will be done next week. how stressed is he gonna be with the switch? I'm going to reuse all his furniture, just worried about the swap. also, with this being an all woof tank with glass doors, is it going to be easier to warm the tank? I'm trying to figure out if I need to down the wattage from 150 to like 75 or 100

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Their responses seem to vary. A lot of them don't have a problem with a switch though, especially after a few days. The light wattage really is going to depend on the temperatures. You may want to monitor it for a few days to fine tune it before moving him in. Using a lamp dimmer or a dimming thermostat for the basking light is helpful, especially if you can't adjust the height of the bulb. The wooden enclosures do tend to hold heat more than the glass ones so I wouldn't be surprised if you need a lower wattage bulb. That will take some testing to be sure though.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yes I already have my basking light on a dimmer so I can adjust from winter to summer differences in the house. I guess I'll just do like you said and get it all set up and lights on and give it a few days to see where I need to be. hopefully my buddy won't get all stressed from the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom