Enclosure build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrap

Hello everyone, I just have a bit of a concern about building my beardie a new enclosure. I’m planning to build him something way bigger than the 40 gallon he’s in right now. My only issue is, if I make it out of plywood, I’m going to have to seal it. But if I seal it with a safe sealer, won’t it be too slick for him to walk on? How do I go about this situation?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
A lot of people transform furniture into a dragon enclosure. Here’s one that I like.
83443-2965846681.jpg
Being low to the ground they could get out to run around and go back in when they want.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I'm not sure you have to seal it, but if so, wouldn't it be right at the joins and not anywhere where the dragon would walk (unless I'm missing the point)?

The cage for my dragon Otto is a converted bookshelf with 2 layers of carpet above the cabinet 'floor' (which would take care slipping if you mean you want to put shellac or similar on the actual plywood). The sides are a mix of wire mesh and plexiglas, but just nails and staples there. I specifically avoided tacking down the bottom carpet layer and caulking around the plexiglas panes to reduce the amount of potential outgassing into his living space. That'd be my concern with sealing the actual plywood. All that said, I do have a little difficulty with air temp right now, but I am working on that with a thermostat + reptile heating mat (beneath the carpet so there is no chance of direct contact with it). Replacting the mesh with plexi. all the way around might be my only option, and possibly sealing the joins. Time will tell if my other fix works.

100140-51854505.jpg
100140-1486974936.jpg
100140-2122807103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom